Rogue's Crippling Blow ability suddenly behaves as if modal, and stuck

PrimeJunta

Question

Unfortunately I haven't been able to reproduce the behavior, but this is what happened:

1. I used BB Rogue's Crippling Strike ability in combat. I do not recall exactly when, unfortunately.

2. Next time I entered combat, I noticed that the icon was green, like for an activated modal ability. When I clicked on it, I got a message "The ability is already activated."

3. The ability icon remained green through several area transitions, and effectively stopped me from using the ability.

Notes:

Due to the save/load bugs, I had neither saved nor loaded the game, and I had started a fresh instance of the client.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

7 answers to this question

I have experienced this also and reported. I lost crippling strike and finishing blow over the course of one of my run throughs due to those abilities getting interrupted.

As such, I now use the rogue only as an archer.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Confirmed, but I would also like to extend it - it affects not only rouge. For me BB Wizard had stuck once with magic missile (or whatever the name is) and used it without any limits as standard attack.

EDIT: I don't know yet how to reproduce it.

Edited by Skipperro

Have had this happen with both the Rouge´s Crippling Strike and the Ranger´s Concussive Shot. Reported it with screenshot here.

That's "rogue". ;)

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

I'm in the Dyrford Ruins and have the same problem with BB Rogue's Crippling Strike and my Druid's Conjure Lesser Bight. I've had the problem with BB Rogue for a while and resting did not fix it. After the Lesser Earth Blight was killed, I couldn't summon another one because it said "Already activated". This was well after the fight in which the Blight was destroyed. I'm not sure if it's a coincidence but at around the same time my Blight was destroyed, BB Rogue and BB Fighter disappeared from the icons on the lower left (that show my party). I can still select and move them but I usually have to do it separately from the party even if I include them when I put a box around the party. Occasionally, they will move with the party if I do that. If I click on them, I can change weapons and use their abilities (except BB Rogue's Crippling Strike). I can also loot with BB Rogue (but not BB Fighter) and give that loot to one of the three characters who still have party icons on the lower left but if I loot with another character, I can't give the loot to either of them. 

Edited by oaktownbrown