Anyone keep getting corrupted saves?

xLegionx

Just curious, does anyone else keep on getting corrupted saves in-game? Every time I have saved so far it has been corrupted making it near impossible to test anything. Plus my game crashes after about playing for 10 minutes. Maddening!

Does anyone know how to send a crash report directly to obsidian so they can get this fixed? Sorry if this topic has already been posted.

That's not one I've encountered yet. Try reporting it as a bug and send in the corrupted saves and your computer info.

I tried attaching a crash file to a post in the Bug forums a couple days ago and always got the "you are not permitted to attach this sort of file" message (or something similar) - left a post there about it but so far no replies

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

Did you follow the guidelines InkBlot posted regarding never loading saves from the sub-menu or quick-load?

If you load games from the sub-menu rather than quitting and loading from the main menu then save the file will more often than not become corrupted.

Also, ALWAYS close the Steam client when you end your game.

Here is the method you should employ each time you load a game:

1: NEVER load a save directly from the menu that pops up when you hit ESC. CONTINUE or following death, instead load only from the main menu (if you hit ESC, choose 'Quit', then load from the main menu).

2:  When you save and quit the game, shut down the Steam client as well. 

Once I did that all my problems went away:

1: Grappling hook option in Dragon Egg and Chasm in Caves FIXED

2: Quests disappearing. FIXED

3: Items disappearing FIXED

4:  Fighter not attacking: FIXED

5: menu titles and sub menu titles disappearing: FIXED

6: saves games no longer corrupted

Edited by DnaCowboy
  • Like 1

No matter how many times cats fight, there's always plenty of kittens.