Map defaults ti NW corner in Dyrford when exiting buildings

Headbomb

Question

Basically, whenever I exit a location in Dyrford, the map is center on the NW corner, near the bridge / initial spawn location. This is pretty annoying. Didn't see it reported, so here goes the report.

To reproduce

1) Create game

2) Walk to Mill

3) Enter Mill

4) Exit Mill

5) Notice the map is not focused on you, but next to the bridge

Expected behaviour

Map should be center on CHARNAME location when exiting a location.

6 answers to this question

Hey Headbomb,

I'm not seeing this issue on my end. When I transition out of the Mill my camera is focused on the party. If you can post some more information (resolution, screen mode, etc..) I might be able to help you out.

Thanks for posting

I couldn't reproduce it tonight, but I can confirm the issue has something to do with savegame corruption. Not sure what. Here's a save with the issue in it

Just load the save, exit the Inn, and see the map will focus on the NW corner.

For a bonus bug, load the save, talk to the InnKeeper and try to buy something or sleep at the inn. It won't work.

I think I got it. It's possibly related to that stupid boar next to Medreth and possibly an autopause condition.

1) Create new game, select "autopause on low stamina / autopause on low health / autopause on death"

2) Go into Inn, Speak to Nyfre. (It's possible that any location that will respawn the boar causes is sufficient, but the Inn works every time. Speaking to Nyfre is probably not required.)

3) Go back to Medreth, kill him and his stupid spawning boar.

4) During the fight, observe that you'll autopause several times on account of that stupid boar. This may not be related to the bug, it might be.

5) Go to the Mill. Exit the mill.

6) Notice that you seem "stuck" upon loading.

7) Press the spacebar. (In the log you should see the boar has died, again, causing the auto-pause.)

4+4) Notice that the map is center on the NW corner of the map.

There. Stupid bug.

Edited by Headbomb

hmmmmmm... 

The "stupid boar" will be fixed in the next update. Fixing the boars duplicating and the fact it keeps getting up after dying might just fix this issue. Lets wait on this issue until the boars fixed. Then recheck it.

Keep up the good work citizen. :dancing: