Should high intelligence decrease spell casting time

I suspect it might have some impact in terms of speaking clearly and rapidly. But if a spell requires physical movements, being intelligent might not speed those up.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I suspect it might have some impact in terms of speaking clearly and rapidly. But if a spell requires physical movements, being intelligent might not speed those up.

Well if we add dex to the formula these attributes should at least have some effect on spell casting time.. shouldnt they :)

Edited by morrow1nd

Never say no to Panda!

Well if we add dex to the formula these attributes should at least have some effect on spell casting time.. shouldnt they :)

Probably use the lower of the two, I'd guess. That way it's harder to dump points into one stat.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

It's a quite feasible approach to the effects of Intellect, but, you've got to consider what all is actually being represented by stats in the game. If you go that deep with Intellect, you have to go that deep with the others, or it'll feel really lopsided. "18 Intellect? You get like 7 things! 18 Might? Only like 2 things, 8(..."

That's my only concern with something like that. And you definitely wouldn't want just casters to get this additional effect from a stat, while no other class-types get any additional/unique effects from any stat.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I believe the devs are trying to avoid making class specific attributes, so an attribute specifically for casting classes isn't something I think they'd consider.

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]