Ideas for games please steal them please create this

im sorry for my english guys, i'll try to make it better 

I started playing dungeon and dragons first edition when i was 11 (as a DM) my younger brother who was 7 years old was my first player - 
My first scenario was him playing a dwarf, bashing kobold crane on his fist - lol worst game ever, my brother (who was too young) ended up asking me if he could hire a bunny army (we laugh hardcore when we saw the new bilbo - radagast with the rabbit army lol) - anyway, that first experience was  a total failure. 

I did not give up. I created so much scenario from then to now. I excell in creating scenarios- background - personnalities for NPC - but as you have read, i also have plenty (you have read the tip of the iceberg) of core design tools, that could take any game to a next level - to better and fuller immersion. 

I have no idea how to get  mentoring ? so my ideas would be me clearer, more accessible: i  would be down, so it could grow stronger. 

you know, i believe that ideas (creations) are meant to be share, to be devellop by other, to grow, to transform. It's the essence of Art - as would call Kandinsky. it must transcend thru a mind to another - i feel warm that your eyes read my words and created a image in your mind. As a Dm i feel the first quest is accomplished. 

then, when i was 14, my dad and i wrote a add in  a local journal to find other player of dungeons and dragons. A older man, 65 years old took me under his wing and made me play, he was PRO dungeon master. His book was filled with hundred of Npc files, all so detailed i was crying blood. every decision i took was a journey thru this man universe (it"s not about the moves, it"s about the mouvement - be like water my friend)  Every details he as in mind. I was a mage (first edition) and i had to elucidate a troll problem. The barman gave me a hint about a dark mage on the mountain that have been seen with gigantic trolls. I started to walk on the mountain - as i climb, the mountain's rock became some sort of weird flesh, moving like a lung - a breathing gesture - I did not realised ( i was an unexperienced player) that the mage used a strong turn rock to flesh spell to nourish his troll army in the cave. So i entered the cave like a what ? yes like a noob. i got utterly rap3d. That experience started my real journey in RPG. Even if my brother wanted the bunny army, for the first time i was so immersed in the game to a point that i got mad to have been destroyed like a fool. 

“He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster . . . when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you”

― Friedrich Nietzsche

The city of iron, the ivory tower, the 3 musketeers. 

In the beginning of this land's time, the older god created the prime elements to protect the azural creation from his dark half. . . They was 8 of them. Some of them have been forgotten but some fragments of the past remain : The great Golden worm. The magnificent tree of wisdom. The flamboyant magma scarab and the thinker cloud of translucidity - the philosophical stone. 

After millenia, the dark half of the lord prince put in a place a battle within himself, to conquer the lucidity of his own mind so he can overflow his creation, eaten, swallowed to the digestive tunnel of the universe. 

The land you walk on today in this part of the world is a carcass. The bones and flesh of the father's golden worm. Be affraid not, his very skin became the soil, his bones are part of the trees around. The large lake you see there was the emplacement of his gargantuan throat. 

Anyway, that's a part of my recent scenario, where the players are inter-laced with the land itself - connection to the spiritual and the past. 

-------------------

back to videogame : 

The action tool, in my vision, would be similar as the one in T.O.E.E. a circle around your caracter - but mixed with a NwN 2 style list. Meaning your thief won't use much some action  so you don't put them in your quick slot (but still can do them if you select them from the list). 

I imagine those action to be flash animated kinda. I know im noob. When your thief use his grapnel on the ceiling then swings himself from a corner to the room to the balcony (that would be flash kinda). I'm gonna swing from the chandelier, from the chandelier

I imagine a turn based not as in baldur's gate, but more as in T.O.E.E. or divinity original sin, wasteland 2 etc etc 

You know, the initiative rolls give the order of appearances of the battle contestants. A thing that is missing is some sort of ''motivation spell''

let me give you example of what i talk about. Your barbarian rolled a nice init. he is first. but you mage's roll is sloppy and he arrived last, placed on the grid just next to those 2 squeletons you had not see. Your mage will 110% get squashed. Your barbarian should be able to use a certain shout, a scroll, a potion to boost the ''init'' of the mage (as the battle started). By wasting all the barbarian actions point, you now give the mage a chance to play before the creature (maybe one round only) so he can teleport his ass away from the beasties. 

have so much ideas.  

The game is slated to be published in December.  There won't be that many changes, and it's supposed to seem like a late nineties CRPG to some degree.  We won't be seeing table fights and complex combat rules, as much as I'd like to see such a thing.  I think I remember some computer game, somewhere, that permitted strikes from higher elevations to do more damage -- was it Final Fantasy Tactics?  There's much that can be done with a computer as far as complex combat situations that yields fascinating situations.

I'd prefer to see a game rules system based on Twilight 2013, but not in that setting.  Can anyone imagine a covert ops game in an urban fantasy world that is a swords and sorcery fantasy world with a modern setting?

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."

I like many of your ideas, but it will not happen in Path of Exile, reason is, they already have an engine, and they would probably need to re-work or change engine for a barbarian to jump on a table, or any to hide behind a box, or digging and cutting tree, ambushing etc.

They also are way to close to release date to do any of that.

But I wish one developer would get some of your idea in their next crpg.

Really, Ill keep it simple, I like fun.

I like when you play Fallout and you see heads exploding.

I like when you play Fallout and just headshot everything.

I like when you play Fallout and smash things with Super Hammer.

I like playing Fallout with my big paladin armor of the wasteland.

I like talking to mutties. 

This is very ''basic'', this would also fit the description ''simplistic and idiot'' but it FEELS good.

It manage to get me smile when I play.

And going through Pillars of Eternity with a barbarian jumping on table to smash heads, I say YES.

I laugh already.

• 5 weeks later...

im sorry for my english guys, i'll try to make it better 

I started playing dungeon and dragons first edition when i was 11 (as a DM) my younger brother who was 7 years old was my first player - 

My first scenario was him playing a dwarf, bashing kobold crane on his fist - lol worst game ever, my brother (who was too young) ended up asking me if he could hire a bunny army (we laugh hardcore when we saw the new bilbo - radagast with the rabbit army lol) - anyway, that first experience was  a total failure. 

I did not give up. I created so much scenario from then to now. I excell in creating scenarios- background - personnalities for NPC - but as you have read, i also have plenty (you have read the tip of the iceberg) of core design tools, that could take any game to a next level - to better and fuller immersion. 

I have no idea how to get  mentoring ? so my ideas would be me clearer, more accessible: i  would be down, so it could grow stronger. 

you know, i believe that ideas (creations) are meant to be share, to be devellop by other, to grow, to transform. It's the essence of Art - as would call Kandinsky. it must transcend thru a mind to another - i feel warm that your eyes read my words and created a image in your mind. As a Dm i feel the first quest is accomplished. 

then, when i was 14, my dad and i wrote a add in  a local journal to find other player of dungeons and dragons. A older man, 65 years old took me under his wing and made me play, he was PRO dungeon master. His book was filled with hundred of Npc files, all so detailed i was crying blood. every decision i took was a journey thru this man universe (it"s not about the moves, it"s about the mouvement - be like water my friend)  Every details he as in mind. I was a mage (first edition) and i had to elucidate a troll problem. The barman gave me a hint about a dark mage on the mountain that have been seen with gigantic trolls. I started to walk on the mountain - as i climb, the mountain's rock became some sort of weird flesh, moving like a lung - a breathing gesture - I did not realised ( i was an unexperienced player) that the mage used a strong turn rock to flesh spell to nourish his troll army in the cave. So i entered the cave like a what ? yes like a noob. i got utterly rap3d. That experience started my real journey in RPG. Even if my brother wanted the bunny army, for the first time i was so immersed in the game to a point that i got mad to have been destroyed like a fool. 

“He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster . . . when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you”

― Friedrich Nietzsche

The city of iron, the ivory tower, the 3 musketeers. 

In the beginning of this land's time, the older god created the prime elements to protect the azural creation from his dark half. . . They was 8 of them. Some of them have been forgotten but some fragments of the past remain : The great Golden worm. The magnificent tree of wisdom. The flamboyant magma scarab and the thinker cloud of translucidity - the philosophical stone. 

After millenia, the dark half of the lord prince put in a place a battle within himself, to conquer the lucidity of his own mind so he can overflow his creation, eaten, swallowed to the digestive tunnel of the universe. 

The land you walk on today in this part of the world is a carcass. The bones and flesh of the father's golden worm. Be affraid not, his very skin became the soil, his bones are part of the trees around. The large lake you see there was the emplacement of his gargantuan throat. 

Anyway, that's a part of my recent scenario, where the players are inter-laced with the land itself - connection to the spiritual and the past. 

-------------------

back to videogame : 

The action tool, in my vision, would be similar as the one in T.O.E.E. a circle around your caracter - but mixed with a NwN 2 style list. Meaning your thief won't use much some action  so you don't put them in your quick slot (but still can do them if you select them from the list). 

I imagine those action to be flash animated kinda. I know im noob. When your thief use his grapnel on the ceiling then swings himself from a corner to the room to the balcony (that would be flash kinda). I'm gonna swing from the chandelier, from the chandelier

I imagine a turn based not as in baldur's gate, but more as in T.O.E.E. or divinity original sin, wasteland 2 etc etc 

You know, the initiative rolls give the order of appearances of the battle contestants. A thing that is missing is some sort of ''motivation spell''

let me give you example of what i talk about. Your barbarian rolled a nice init. he is first. but you mage's roll is sloppy and he arrived last, placed on the grid just next to those 2 squeletons you had not see. Your mage will 110% get squashed. Your barbarian should be able to use a certain shout, a scroll, a potion to boost the ''init'' of the mage (as the battle started). By wasting all the barbarian actions point, you now give the mage a chance to play before the creature (maybe one round only) so he can teleport his ass away from the beasties. 

have so much ideas.  

Go to school for video game design, take math if you want to program, teach yourself. Learn the industry, the big players in both AAA and Indie.

This guy is from, like, some mythical place beyond the clouds and perhaps even the stars. He carries sparkly fragments of legend in his DNA. He is... awesome.

I can't believe I missed this thread this time around. Do you think he might come back?

I want to hear more about his RPG roots. I'm completely serious.

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

Mukoze, no worries about your English. I can't say anything in any other language well enough for anyone to understand more than a handful of words or idea, so... don't feel bad, heh.

And don't take the replies here the wrong way. It's partially people sort of entertaining themselves with forums. Because, while you are very, very creative, and you have EXCELLENT brainstorming skills, it's kind of an overwhelming amount of ideas that would have to be heavily processed to actually fit into PoE. That, and it's far too late to incorporate anything that isn't just a tweak to an existing system into this particular game.

That being said, I would seriously love to see a game you work on some day. I say totally go for it and try to process and refine your ideas into a workable game, if you can. Maybe seek out some others to help you with it.

Just because a lot of that can't go into PoE, doesn't mean it's useless or bad. It's good stuff. You remind me of Osvir, :)

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

• 3 weeks later...

whoa, thanks guys 

Imagine, a skill tree so evolved you **** pants - imagine a game with such EASY complexity 
where you can mix magic in crafting with weaponsmithing : MAGICAL GRENADE OF DOOM - boom biddy bye bye 20 ghouls at once 
(but damn son, you need 3 type of ultra rare holy blood to create these, why not imbue a sword instead ?

FOR THE SHOW MY N*GGA !!!! 

i wanted to used grenade cuz the earth tremble when they explode! you silly sword just cut in piece what my grenade fragment painted the wall in a new color! 

i imagine a game with a baldur gate view but that you can zoom - in , use your knife to carv a word on a table using your mouse to guide your trait 
(or a pencil pad for pro player who loves to leave their mark in style) 

you need minimum 8 factions 
the world of warcraft 2 factions is over lame 
you need 10 races per factions 
and the classes: jesus christ, let me use creativity to a second level and i will create a 2000 classes selector 

but as i said, classes would be OP to be bases like in ULTIMA ONLINE (yes creazy oldschool) 
so almost everyone would have some basic skills to how bake a chicken 
but your sword skills would diminish as more as you use your magic skills 
nothing would be perma, NOTHING

you dig a hole  - 3 weeks later, the hole is still there but some guy started to pile some corpses in hit, cuz he wanted to taunt your faction 

8 factions, on a map divised with untouchable sector, where you can start a settlement but will be destroyable by other faction

in other place, protector by a divinity of your faction you can build and create, using the material your char and guildies cummulate - these would be open to was once a year - it would create a massive enrolement to the continous exploration of the game material and possibilities (based on the creativity of the players, cuz that game is no nooob, people pays 15$ for a reason : the dungeon master (programmers, work in motion with the players ideas and popular demands) 

Also, all death players will loose a part of their soul to the faction 
theses soul can be used be a priest or a king or .anyone in power of such action. These soul would provide buff or curse to epic battle (at least 200 players vs 200 otherwise its useless and boring) 

so you have different aspect of strategy 
you can use various tactics when MMO 

when playing dungeon and dragon, im a hardcore dungeon master: i imagine the game so realistic: your arm get burn and disfonctional 
the healing process are various, wide and the result are different 
you can invest in protection (wiser) than healing 
but with hard work, you can have that missing arm a Hybra eaten 2 weeks ago : the beast rolled a 20crit on  a first of a 3 row attack 
the scd attack, the beast crit again and finaly a third crit 

the player rolled a 20 dice: he got 3 
LUCKY 
only is arm was tore apart by the jaw of the monstrous reptile 
if the player would have roll a 2 , i would have made lost arm + severe chest bleeding (then a 20 roll + con to know how much round before bleed to death)
for a 1 roll critical total failure (on a  fortitude check  - or reflex - yes, more a reflex check) if he roll 1 : GG HYDRA SHOP SHOP BRAIN 

3 crit 20 roll, one crit fail roll : PERMA DEATH 
that should not happen lol 

but, a video game should be able to make a char lost a hand for several days 
you can use sorcery to make a ghostly hand 
or use wizardry (child of ether style) to create a magical iron animated hand (steam punk alike) 
or you can use demonology to craft a frankenstein hand from  corpses 
any of the technique you decide you can improve, and upgrade level of that competence 
aas exemple, your demonic hand could become stronger and stronger as more as it kill people
BUT
as i like to say since day 1 : when you get bonus: beware a evil is grinning in the shadow 

you demonic hand would have severe damage on your intellect and morality - also charisma (prices in shop would be higher (commun shop) cuz in lower plane, people would respect you more) 
and that would apply to any of the decision you make

ALL RELATED IN A COMPLEX AND LOGICAL PATTERN 
but complex, and deep, rich and fluid 

i need a bong 

Edited by mukoze

I want to hear more about his RPG roots. I'm completely serious.

I was 10 years old when i walk in a second hand store - i remember the smell, the smell of old books 

and i started to look at those book with dragons and knights on the cover 

I opened the book and i even if i did not understood english then,i knew i NEEDED that book 

i knew i needed to understand how to become a knight

my childhood refuge 

i needed a place where i could become CONAN and frature skulls like i crush eggs shells 

I remember reading 50 times at least the THAC0 rules ( to hit armor class zero) 

When i was 10 or so, man, that was so hard to understand : but it did 

and i liked it a lot 

it was like unlocking a double platted door  when i finally understood what that THACo thing next to each monster was in the monster manual

i remember rolling dice with random creature on the monster manual edition 1 

i remember laughin when i discovered the coc(k)atrice petrifying skill - I imagined all the possibilities, the endless experience in a theatre, a fantastic theatre 

I remember i sold my toys in a garage sale to buy myself the missing book i wanted 

I did not play much as a kid (first edition) 

but then i got teen, and bought the second edition full set and played a lot with people 

I remember people from their name <<Jean Malenfant>> was a guy a was playing with and <<Jerome Chapedelaine>> 

one of my friend <<Patrick Pratt>> was a very clever player - he was patient , listening to the story, asking deep question about the environment 

we played on a ping pong table 

it was the good old time 

Edited by mukoze

Seari: I hate to break this to you, kid, but a 360 means that you would rotate all the way back to where you sat. All you did was spin full circle. ;)

P.S. Glad you like MotB. Most of it is sheer brilliance.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

i know pillars will be release kinda soon , after playing baldur 1/2 icewind dale 1/2 etc 
you notice quickly all mobs are just walker 

they need to put monsters that comes out of the ground, like giant worm/snake, that dig passage thru the underground to another location (on same area - or just to dodge the melee and **LA BRUNTE** the far mage gets SCHLAUWNTER BAUGGEN like a surprise gifts by the sudden worm attack) some part of the snake could still be above the ground, and player could hit those part of the non-hidden beast 

it would be awesome also if some ape alike mob could climb in the trees and jump on the players for bonus dmg 

Not only ''walker'' mob- these get redundant very fast 

also, i hope they will put nice throwback anim : example: a giant bat use a special attack to create a whirlwind that pushes back player: the least con the char  have, the harder he/she get repulse away in a different visual aspect : fallin on his ass, make a pirouette backward, etc 

see my little (****ty) illustration for the worm in and out of the ground style of combat i imagine 
http://i.imgur.com/iNKqQLy.jpg

Edited by mukoze

i know pillars will be release kinda soon , after playing baldur 1/2 icewind dale 1/2 etc 

you notice quickly all mobs are just walker 

they need to put monsters that comes out of the ground, like giant worm/snake, that dig passage thru the underground to another location (on same area - or just to dodge the melee and **LA BRUNTE** the far mage gets SCHLAUWNTER BAUGGEN like a surprise gifts by the sudden worm attack) some part of the snake could still be above the ground, and player could hit those part of the non-hidden beast 

it would be awesome also if some ape alike mob could climb in the trees and jump on the players for bonus dmg 

Not only ''walker'' mob- these get redundant very fast 

also, i hope they will put nice throwback anim : example: a giant bat use a special attack to create a whirlwind that pushes back player: the least con the char  have, the harder he/she get repulse away in a different visual aspect : fallin on his ass, make a pirouette backward, etc 

see my little (****ty) illustration for the worm in and out of the ground style of combat i imagine 

http://i.imgur.com/iNKqQLy.jpg

What about Ankhegs?

• Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

they cool, they are the only beast in all infinity engine that does not only walk on ground (if i recall ok but might be mistaken) what i meant is that it need MORE creature to have different style of mouvement (not only flying) - beast that could climb faster than char (but i doubt 10000% that we shall be able to climb) 

some hydras, that hide in a lake, that use their tentacules to smash your head 
when those beast get below (hmm) 20% health, they go deep in the lake, hidding 
you cant see them anymore exept for elf, some special magic vision etc 
or simply by throwing special type of grenade in the water to finish them 

The Ankhegs, if i recall correctly, they were coming out of the ground in a hole but they would not go back in (?) not sure about it, even if they was going back in their hole,   we wasent  able to see them nor attack them while in the ground (using magic as example) or simply just to track the beast while it was changing location - but im pretty sure they wasent moving even when morale failed  - by adding some underground mouvement / not only the beast could flee more easily (if the player is a noob unaware of special vision tricks)  but could attack suddently from behind the weak mage and quadra crit his ass like a feather pillow - POOF 

Edited by mukoze

authentic mobs of doom : 
-teleportation 
-flying 
-using underground mouvement 
-can interact with the enviroment 
-special skills : 

1. use corpses - not only to rez them but also to used them as stacking meat shield - the shield have aura of stench (the more corpses part the creature (or player) accumulate, the heavier the stench (will decrease opponent will and init) 

2. exploding ennemy - remember those fat ass in D3 http://cdn2.gamefront.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/d3-7.jpg  - the real ennemy of doom would explode in worm (like in D3 - or could make little flying black clouds or yellowish brown blood that animate on the floor) these worm (or else) would go and buff the other creatures (heal, stack crazy armor of doom (see 1.), stuck player into place etc) those animate remains SHOULD be able to aglomerate and form some weird golem of doom (when a lot of fat ass have exploded - or just a combination of the two) - those type of mob actions are vacant from any infinity game - some surprise with the mobs (see monster manual for example lol) 

3. SWAP LOCATION . illithid should be able to swap with a char location (like urgot's  ult (league of legend)) - that would intensify the battle a lot when your fighter is out of range, being swap to a upper balcony ( the player could jump - risky for a 98% chance of knock prone on floor for 5 round (nbrs of round are based on char con, str etc ) - a mage could tele him back etc - we need environement interaction so the game is almost possibility infinite 

Yesterday, before going to sleep, i had a weird scenario into mind : a village  compose at 95% of 

DOPPELGÄNGER

hahaha 

The campaign for my players to start in that village, the players HAVE no clue that 95% of people they talk too are doppel 
so the story goes and goes and goes  
at some point they start to figure the madness behind the curtain bla bla bla 

-----------------------

The pillars of eternity seems to have a nice zoom-out, 
it would be nice to have a quest based on time (the whole campaign actually) 
in 250 days THE TARRASQUE awaken 
in 300 days IT WILL BE HERE 

Because of the master zoom-out you could incorporate ultra gargantuesque size mob 
Using rudumentary strategic platoon / hire combattant / hire mage / etc thru the game to help you thru these core-time campaign missions 

like sub quest that gives bonus henchmen for the epic battle you face thru the game at certain specific clock 

all in the infinity type of game, isometric view of coolness 

i need it, please, create it, so i can die happy  
do it