playing a priest of Skaen: any differences?

I haven't, but I doubt that there would be any alternative paths in the beta.

I was very disappointed with the Skaen dungeon by the way. It's difficult to enjoy the mechanistic process of clearing the dungeon of "cloned" temple guards who don't even try to talk to you before attacking.

Edited by Ell

I haven't, but I doubt that there would be any alternative paths in the beta.

I was very disappointed with the Skaen dungeon by the way. It's difficult to enjoy the mechanistic process of clearing the dungeon of "cloned" temple guards who don't even try to talk with you before attacking.

Their are at least 3 ways to get to the temple, 2-3 ways to get through the temple and 5 or more ways to solve the problem, one of them is class specific.

Just ran it through, can confirm cultists still attack you on sight which makes sense since they wouldn't be able to identify a fellow worshiper anyway, but during your encounter with the Cult Leader Wymund you have unique dialogue options relating to the Quiet Slave (AKA Skaen.)

Chosen dialogue options are obviously cruel, because Skaen is a bastard.

Edited by Sylvanpyxie
  • Like 4

Would be nice to have some ambient dialogue from the Cultists or something.

The Icewind Dale games kind of didn't include this, but in the BG games, usually there would be a dialogue before combat.

In BG1 it was because there was no ambient dialogue, so a guy would run up to you and talk and be like "You're not supposed to be here!". In the consecutive IE games, this type of stuff was switched to ambient dialogue.

Would be nice to either have some VO'd "Intruders!" or just some ambient dialogue about it.

• Like 1

As an aside, I'm digging Skaen. A nasty god with understandable reasons for the nastiness, and cultists with similarly understandable reasons for following him. As a good Communist I had to side with them in the end too, of course; couldn't side with the parasitic class under any circumstances. Not your usual Ancient Evil.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Just ran it through, can confirm [...] you have unique dialogue options

Excellent to know. Hopefully this is an indication that there will be similar unique options for other classes/backgrounds/etc at other areas in the game.

Sylvanpyxie also confirmed that there's an extra option for ciphers in the Blood Legacy quest as well.

Just ran it through, can confirm [...] you have unique dialogue options

Excellent to know. Hopefully this is an indication that there will be similar unique options for other classes/backgrounds/etc at other areas in the game.

Sylvanpyxie also confirmed that there's an extra option for ciphers in the Blood Legacy quest as well.

I had only completed that quest as a cipher so I didn't even realize that the option to "delve in" yourself was a cipher-only option. Makes sense in retrospect.

• 1 month later...