Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The case against Interrupt.

Interrupt Combat Perception PER Concentration Resolve RES

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Yonjuro

Yonjuro

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Did they?  I would've sworn my mages never got interrupted so long as I kept Stoneskin up.  And that I went for the Flail of Ages partially to get past Stoneskin and have a chance at interrupting, for that matter.

Obviously it's not that important, but I might fire it up later and play around for curiosity's sake.

Stoneskin stops attack as whole, so it don't cause any effects.

Elemental damage still leaked through stoneskin and could cause interrupts even if the main attack did no damage (due to stoneskin).

GreyFox

GreyFox

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

IMO remove it from attributes or just make it a minor thing as a secondary effect of an attribute rather than the sole combat stat assigned to an attribute.

Agreed, not sure why they removed defense from stats and put it on something like this...tis very silly.

Leave interrupts for talent/skills used in combat rather than per hit...this isn't dark souls and we see nothing like a poise system in place.

Also makes no sense that armor isn't taken into account for determining interrupts but weapons have interrupt values?

Well that's not strictly true - RES is our Poise. But of course in the current build armor doesn't contribute to "Poise" (which is probably part of the problem). I'd be happy with interrupt resistance being tied to armor instead, tbh.

Interrupt being from armor is the ONLY thing that makes sense here and there needs to be a stat to AVOID getting hit...maybe have a tiny bit of interrupt reduction from RES....a TINY bit.

EDIT: I personally don't' think it should be in the game at all but my idea is a worst case if it has to be in  the game type of scenario.

Edited by GreyFox, 27 August 2014 - 07:22 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Interrupt, Combat, Perception, PER, Concentration, Resolve, RES

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users