PoE is just the beginning (hopefully)

We've obviously known since before that a PoE2 will likely be made if this first one is successful. For some reason, while playing the beta, this kinda sunk in for me... And wow, that'd be totally awesome.

No more "new game must mean new engine!" junk. Just minor tweaking to systems and minor upgrades, and then all that juicy manpower could be funneled into actually creating, well... a new campaign! No need for fancy graphics upgrades, no need for an entirely new feel to the game. Just... IE like. A hopefully even huger game than the last one ala BG2.

That'd be sweeeeeeet.

Edited by Starwars
  • Like 5

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

There is still the addon and I wouldn't mind some DLC (FONV or DS quality level). I hope they will be able to fund PoE2 themself and use the Eternity Engine for a second Kickstarter with a different setting.

• Like 1

Wasn't there news about Obsidian working with Paizo? A pathfinder crpg using the same engine might be in future I assume.

We must assume that at some point, after the card game (which is a card driven RPG thing), they will do a proper cRPG within the Pathfinder universe (but not a d20 due to licensing). Their agreement with Paizo is not just for that card game after all.

Hoping for big success for PoE and my already paid expansion pack. Hopefully, very successful just with the base game. :)

Turned out to be a card game.

The CEO of paizo stated that they had future plans for many crpgs in the future.

To the OP, im excited as well. I am wondering how the expansion will play into it for level issues and whatnot since we can get to lvl 12 in this game. I wonder if they gonna go the standard level 20 cap but i think they have other things in store. Could almsot wish the second game use a new character instead of us bringing in our old. Maybe met or hear about them and their deeds fallout style or through hearsay or books.

Edited by redneckdevil

We've obviously known since before that a PoE2 will likely be made if this first one is successful. For some reason, while playing the beta, this kinda sunk in for me... And wow, that'd be totally awesome.

No more "new game must mean new engine!" junk. Just minor tweaking to systems and minor upgrades, and then all that juicy manpower could be funneled into actually creating, well... a new campaign! No need for fancy graphics upgrades, no need for an entirely new feel to the game. Just... IE like. A hopefully even huger game than the last one ala BG2.

That'd be sweeeeeeet.

I like the idea of just adding on/tweeking content on the existing game rather than making a PoE2. Again its early days i could very well change my mind in the months/years to follow.  The same can be said with the South Park game. Although i don't feel like it has good replay value ( first 2 gameplays were all i could handle ) I would love to see a patch of say... the kids become Police again, solving murders etc. Rather than a whole new game.

Also any chance for Fallout 2.5?   Yes?.. Thought i'd ask...once again.

Edited by BLnoT

Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day...

Set a man on fire and he will be warm the rest of his life...