Do Godlike special abilities scale?

Quadrone

Maybe it has already been mentioned elsewhere and I just didn't see it, but do the special abilities of the Godlike actually scale with level?

Because, if not, some are pretty underwhelming and others will surely become useless as the game progresses.

Case in point: The Death Godlike does increased damage to enemies below 15% health.

That seems borderline useless if the percentage doesn't increase, if we ignore Boss battles with dragons or similar, an enemy with 15% health will die with a few hits either way, decreasing the number of hits needed probably by two at most.

It's a bit different with the Moon Godlike, they release healing waves at several points as their stamina goes down. Sounds good, but again if it doesn't scale the amount of healing that was awesome at level 1 will be neglible at level 12.

Now some might say: "Why should the Godlike abilities scale anyway? Enjoy your bonus, the other races don't get anything!"

Wrong, they get helmets. And helmets do scale and also offer flexibility. Already the Stag Helmet in the beta gives skill and attribute boni and I'm sure that's not the best helmet in the game and surely not the best helmet once the expansion releases.

So, do i have to feel embarassed for whining about something that was already answered or do I actually have a point?

Opinions?

Maybe everything they do should be %, so that it naturally scales?

For instance Death Godlike got increased damage vs enemies whose stamina is below 15%, what if the increase damage was a percentage? It would scale with your weapon/spells.

Same for Moon Godlike it would heal a % of its total stamina.

Maybe everything they do should be %, so that it naturally scales?

For instance Death Godlike got increased damage vs enemies whose stamina is below 15%, what if the increase damage was a percentage? It would scale with your weapon/spells.

Same for Moon Godlike it would heal a % of its total stamina.

That's an option. Perhaps it even does already work like that. I don't know.

Though I'd still argue that 15% is too low a percentage to make a difference in most fights, no matter how much extra damage I get. Again, except for enemies with mountains of HP but then I doubt that the damage increase the Death Godlike gets is so big that it matters there either.

I just don't see where extra damage against a near-death enemy would make a difference. You either got him on his knees anyway and 1-2 extra attacks by your Godlike won't matter, or you already ****ed up and most of your party is dead and it all comes down to your last guy standing having that little extra damage. Btw. number 2 will never happen since everyone who isn't playing on ironman has reloaded by that point.

I definitely do agree that the special abilities received by the moon godlike (and fire godlike) appear more useful than those received by the nature and death godlikes. I think the death godlike's extra damage should kick in at 20 or 25% of health and the nature godlike's ability should apply to a wider range of effects (i.e. Other kinda of buffs should last longer on a nature godlike).

Edited by Lasweetlife