Grimoire - how to add spells?

wanderon

It appears you should be able to add spells to your grimoire from scrolls (if you right click on existing spells you get a screen saying you already have this spell) but I can't figure out the mechanics of how this is done???

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

You can learn spells from grimoires, but it costs money. You can only cast 'em if you know 'em. Once you know 'em, you can fill up your grimoire with them however you like. If you have more than one, you can switch between them for different loadouts.

It alllllmost works in the beta, except for the learning part. You do get charged the money though. It's a bug, I reported it and apparently they know about it.

• Like 1

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

So does having more than one grimoire mean you can have more spells available per day and/or encounter than you would with just your "main" ? That would be worth some extra money (at least until they fix the respawning loot bug  :biggrin: )

AFAIK no, you're still limited by your per-rest cap. You just have an expanded selection to choose from.

So then the advantage would be you could set them up for different situations and swap one for the other based on who/what you were fighting? So if I used a couple of each level in one then switched to the other I would still have used a couple from each level but could have different spells available to choose?

So then the advantage would be you could set them up for different situations and swap one for the other based on who/what you were fighting? So if I used a couple of each level in one then switched to the other I would still have used a couple from each level but could have different spells available to choose?

Exactly, although I believe I read somewhere way back that in order to switch grimoires, you're going to burn off your turn/move for that 'round' of combat.