[crash] Slow performance and crash when using Chanter

philby

Question

Hi, I started a new game with a Chanter. After collecting the dragon egg quest I went east and in my first combat with the beetles I experienced a lot of slowdown after casting/chanting the spell which gives weapons fire damage. The slowdown continued after the combat and then into the next one, where the game hung just after I paused. I heard the 'ding' in the background from Windows signalling an error. The game continued to run while paused, the music continued but I couldn't interact with anything. When I unpaused, the game crashed to desktop. The game did not create any logs or reports (it had done this 2 previous times) but I've attached the output log as mentioned in one of the sticky threads. I've also attached a dxdiag anyway. Cheers

philby_DxDiag.txt

philby_output_log.txt

Edited by philby

5 answers to this question

Were you using the phrase Aefyllath Ues Mith Fyr for the fire weapon buff? I have crashed using it I do believe. Just want to see if we can pin down the culprit.

I don't remember the exact order I cast everything or chanted everything, but I definitely had the firey glowey weapons thing going on. I'll try again tomorrow :)

I haven't been here or played at all lately, but just started a new game with a chanter and it crashed again. As soon as I levelled up I went west to the gorge and defeated a lion no problems. I did not cast any spells or phrases or incantations I believe. I then went to attack a second lion and began chanting, the flame weapons and extra speed chants and then summoned skeletons. I moved the group on to attack a 3rd lion and the game crashed.

output_log.txt

I just created another new game with a chanter and specifically did not take the flaming weapons spell. I was able to get through combats ok and summon a shade and explore without crashing. However another issue I ran into was that my cursor changed during gameplay and I was unable to select the chanter and cast spells, or select anyone individually. I could only move as a group and attack. Then during combat by the dungeon entrance the game sort of hung in the middle of combat, then resumed with 'the party has died' screen. So the flaming weapons spell could be the problem as Ganrich suggested.