all quests and tasks gone from journal

RedSocialKnight

Question

At some point between talking to folks in Dyrford and coming back to town from fighting the lions, all quests and tasks -- including both ongoing and my on completed task, Nyfre -- disappeared from my journal.

I can't restart the quests because when I talk to the quest-givers, their dialogue options reflect that they've already started the quest for me.

DID YOU KNOW: *Missing String*

10 answers to this question

I have just joined the backer beta, and I experienced this same issue. I tried exiting out and restarting the game, but the journal entries are just gone. I also completed the Nyfre quest first. I wonder if there is a bug in that particular quest that is causing it?

I've found the trigger -- seems to happen whenever I load after a party wipe.

When you load a game, load from the main menu (hit 'Quit', then choose 'Load' from that menu). Don't load from the menu you get when you just hit ESC. This should help mitigate the issue.

Thanks -- frustratingly, it affects not just the save I load from, but ALL the saves for that character, so I'm having to completely restart the game.

Ugh. Yeah, I went through that too, Sorry I forgot to mention it. Make sure you load your saves from them main menu always. I found that fixed it for me.

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

As Ink Blot stated, this is an issue with loading saves while in game. Doing so causes your quest information to be erased. So, for the time being, it is recommended to either quit to the main menu or close the client when loading a save. This is one of our top priority issues and we are working hard to ensure that it is fixed by our next backer update. 

Thank you for your postings and support during the beta!  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Well, loading from the menu does seemed to have solved the game-stopping problem with my quest log.

However, I'm now noticing other minor issues with disappearing information in the character screen of my journal.

First, all my reputations were reset to zero. Now, the "party" button on the character screen is greyed out, and I can't view the reputation at all, blank or not. I also can't look at any character info for my companions, only my PC -- I'm no longer able to click from one party member to another in the character screen.

My companions are still in the party, still respond to battle commands, etc.

Sorry, I don't have a clear idea of what triggered these new issues. It may have happened the first time I levelled everybody up?

DID YOU KNOW: *Missing String*