Tiny Icons

Havelok

Throughout my time playing the Beta, one thing that has consistently bothered me aesthetically is how small certain Icons appear.

Half of the motivation to experience this type of game is the wonderful art. I feel that cramming the ability and inventory icons down to less than their native size is a disservice both to the player and the artist that created them.

You can easily see the actual size of the Inventory Icons while trading and when right clicking on an item. They appear to be 30-40% larger in that area of the interface than when in the Inventory proper.

We have plenty of screen real-estate.. why not use it? 

The Ability Icons are another offender. The icons are so small above the character portrait that you can barely discern what they are supposed to be, and often have to go by Color alone. At the current size, they also give the impression of being trivial and unimportant.

• Like 1

Does anyone else use the middle part of the Ui? It would be a neat place to put a bigger version of the ability icons and menus. The downside would be that you maybee could not reach it fast enough when you select your hero by clicking on his portriat.

Does anyone else use the middle part of the Ui? It would be a neat place to put a bigger version of the ability icons and menus. The downside would be that you maybee could not reach it fast enough when you select your hero by clicking on his portriat.

Fast ? This is a real time with pause game, remember ?

Also in BG2, spells and abilities where aviable through buttons on the middle part of the UI.