Questions to the Devs

Subtitles are often omitted in previews/trailers to give the game a more cinematic feel.

Hmm, true. Perhaps I shouldn't be too worried, after all. All games I've encountered so far that has been RPG to soem extent have had some kind of subtitles, so... :unsure:

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Devs, For those of you that work on kotor 2 non stop. I am sure thats everyone. Do you think that when the game is completed you will enjoy playing the game close to what your fans will. Basically what i mean is after working on the game non stop does it put you off playing it?

Doubtful. We want the goal of our game to be advancing the story, not min/maxing your character out.

Sorry, but i fully DONT agree with you. If you want to advance in the story read a book. If YOU want to MAKE the story, then play games. If YOU want to have a strong charcater, play RPGs. Thats the point, by me.

Yeah, theres a REASON why your not developing a game..

Question: Will we be able to use force presuade on party npcs? Something like this

Atris: You killed that innocent man! How could you do that?! I can't continue with you anymore, I can't abide this!!!

You: [Force Presuade]: I didn't do anything.

Atris: No, no.... You didn't do anything......

:lol:

And other things like that, including possible love interests.

I would like to see persuade/force persuade combinations, because force persuade seems so FORCED sometimes. Forgive the pun.

a Persuade/force persuade would have a much bigger effect. You can persuade, but use a little force here and there. The way it is done in the game, it's more like force dominate mind than force persuade.

Affect Mind/Force Persuade is only supposed to work on the weak minded. People forget that all the time.

Hutts and Toydarians are also supposed to be immune to it. Using Affect Mind on a stormtrooper is very different from using it on a fellow Jedi.

hopefully a knight, where you might be able to go up to master.

jedi master isa prestige class B)

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

Rank of the pc...

Padawan Knight or master?

Republic senate, "Now young padawan, because we're really high on Yoda’s swamp weed, we're going to send you off with an army. Please bring it back in one piece, as we really can’t afford anymore 'accidents' like last week." <_<

Affect Mind/Force Persuade is only supposed to work on the weak minded. People forget that all the time.

Perhaps this is one of the skills of a sithlord, a sort of super powered dominate mind skill :ph34r:

Will the space walk section be done, r-e-a-l-l-y s-l-o-w-l-y, again?

Thanks

Affect Mind/Force Persuade is only supposed to work on the weak minded.  People forget that all the time.

Heh, it seems to work on most people :D. Or as Canderous says on Tatooine if you Force Persaude the dock master there: "Heh, I'm amazed of how often that trick works. The galaxy must be filled with weak-minded fools" or something like that :rolleyes:

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Hutts and Toydarians are also supposed to be immune to it. Using Affect Mind on a stormtrooper is very different from using it on a fellow Jedi.

Agreed. And that's why I don't just want a pure "force persuade". It seems more like a mind takerover. With a combination between a natural "oersuade" and "force persuade", the force will much more a nudge than anything else.

can't really remember whether this has been asked before but could someone help me out has the release date been confirmed to be in december then because i read something on gamespot about it still being in feb because of another calander or something... so has it been confirmed officially? thanks

They're only saying winter, and that's what they've insisted on.

In other words, they haven't stated December, but it's still a possibility.

I would agree with you had it not been stated that it would be "WINTER 2004" I don't belive the whole orthodox calender thing, even Akari said that he heard it was going to be december so that kinda rules it out as being a febuary release date unless the testing goes bad and we all know that the dev's will do everything in their power to make sure the game doesn't need much in the way of bug fixs before it ships to lucas. So as of right now I am betting on December of 2004 for the release of KOTOR II.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

The whole orthodox calendar thing was a joke. That's not why they consider Winter 2004 as including February 2005. If they said Winter 2005, it would mean december of next year to many. Regardless of what you're betting on, December hasn't been stated and might be iffy. Akari said at one point that, from how things sounded where he was, it seemed perfectly likely. He's not the publisher, though, mind you, but yes - there's a possibility. Maybe even a good possibility, but as it stands no one's stated for certain one way or another on the possible holiday release.

This is a quote from the Weekend Developer thread - minus a question that isn't relvent to what Nartwak posted:

Do you know when the release date is? Officially it was February 2005 and now it seems that the recent trend is "Winter 2004". When is the actual release date? You guys aren't rushing the game to be released in the holidays are you?

The date by which we, as in Obsidian, has to be done working on the game is not affected by the seemingly shifting release date. The date we have to be done was fixed in the contract we signed when we started the game and that date has not changed. So no, we're not rushing things to get done. We've had the same deadline from the start.

As far as the release date, one of the Lucas Arts people said December at the San Diego Comicon's Star Wars Spectacular (or whatever it was called) last week. That's probably a safe bet, but we haven't been told with absolute certainty what the release date will be. I believe at this point there still isn't an 'official' release date.

-Akari

The part I wish to draw to Nartwak's attention is "As far as the release date, one of the Lucas Arts people said December ", I know that it will not escape your notice that Akari said "I believe at this point there still isn't an 'official' release date." but if even the lucas guy is going as far as saying that the release date will be in December then it looks good. I know that they more than likely wont publish a firm release date until they are almost done testing and that infact it could be moved back but so far everything looks good for a December release rather than a Febuary one. Here's hoping anyway :unsure:

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

Now couple questions for the Devs:

1. Can you please give us a list of what lightsaber colours will show up in KOTOR II?

2. Is there any new feats or force powers you can tell us about that haven't been released yet?

3. Can you tell us what the differences between the six presstige classes are?

4. Are there going to be other points the PC can transit to other than the Ebon Hawk/ Hide out?

Thanks for your time.

AscendedPaladin.png

Simple question, in the original KOTOR a characters class choosing at the beginning (character generation) gave some minor but nice changes. For example, a scoundrel was both shorter and less bulky then a Soldier and the Scoundrel had unique clothing as did the Soldier. So if you picked a soldier you were taller and bulkier throughout the game and with a scoundrel you were smaller and shorter.

Do you guys plan on implementing small class changes like this? If I choose a consular at the beginning would I be smaller and have different clothing then a Guardian?

(I realize some people in KOTOR did not even know that initial classes determine your PC's size.)

Thanks for your time.