Questions to the Devs

I have heard that the Lightsaber upgrading will be different. Does that mean your make your lightsaber from scratch (i.e. you create the handle) or will there be more than 3 upgrading "slots" to use.

well, word is you get different upgrade ablities depending on you repair skill and such, so that may be part of it. Also, you already have a lightsaber that you somehow lost, and one of the big quests is getting it back. So I have to imagine you don't create it from scratch.

That sounds soooo contrived 'Find your lost lightsaber'. Now why would you do that? Was it autographed by Reven himself? And if it was so special, why would he/she lose it in the first place? Wouldn't you put it someplace you could easily get it if you needed it?

It seems to me that it would be much easier to build one anew unless it was something special (so it better be unless its fairly easy to find). I certainly hope that the story gives you a good reason for having to find this one special lightsaber that you lost.

If this is a sample of some of the writers storyline, I fear for the rest of the plot.

After reading some of the E3 write ups, I decided to ask one more question. Hopefully the devs will answer...

Quote from the xbox.ign article:

"...Xbox owners will be happy to hear that the team at Obsidian promises more Xbox Live content this time around, with downloadable content coming as soon as a few weeks after release."

Does this mean the Obsidian, LucasArts, etc, will be providing updates, additions and such for this game? For the pc, specifically, since I don't own an Xbox.

After reading some of the E3 write ups, I decided to ask one more question.  Hopefully the devs will answer...

Quote from the xbox.ign article:

"...Xbox owners will be happy to hear that the team at Obsidian promises more Xbox Live content this time around, with downloadable content coming as soon as a few weeks after release."

Does this mean the Obsidian, LucasArts, etc, will be providing updates, additions and such for this game?  For the pc, specifically, since I don't own an Xbox.

It's way too early to list specifics as to what will be happening for post-release content. Internally, we're focused on getting the release content done right now. Content beyond that may or may not require a new contract and so on. We should have a much better idea of what would be happening with regards to post-release updates later in the year.

-Akari

One year after the first game Reven disappeared to unknown regions of the galaxy. He / She does have a specific fate that will be revealed in KOTOR 2. 

But what happend to Bastila, did she went whit him or what?

Someone posted that Atris ( Blond Chick ) is not in KOTOR 2, is this true?

:rolleyes::p

Are devs still reading this thread or have the arguments chased them away?

I still glance at it, but it's become pretty big. It's easy to miss stuff among all those pages, though I think I've caught many of the ones I can respond to.

-Akari

Are devs still reading this thread or have the arguments chased them away?

I still glance at it, but it's become pretty big. It's easy to miss stuff among all those pages, though I think I've caught many of the ones I can respond to.

-Akari

Is there any type of feedback specifically the devs are interested in?

Are there any features of issues being debated at this point in development?

I know you don't want to give away everything, but would it be fair to say certain aspects (levels, NPCs, story, interface, whatever) are set in stone, and others aren't?

That sounds soooo contrived 'Find your lost lightsaber'. Now why would you do that? Was it autographed by Reven himself? And if it was so special, why would he/she lose it in the first place? Wouldn't you put it someplace you could easily get it if you needed it?

It seems to me that it would be much easier to build one anew unless it was something special (so it better be unless its fairly easy to find). I certainly hope that the story gives you a good reason for having to find this one special lightsaber that you lost.

If this is a sample of some of the writers storyline, I fear for the rest of the plot.

Actually, you don't go in search of your lightsaber because it hasn't been lost - when you get exiled from the Jedi Order, they just don't let you keep your lightsaber.

Sure, you could make a new one. But you're right, yours is special and worth reclaiming... if you choose to.

Will there be romance in the game? now i know what the 1337 fragmaniacs are thinking, and you are correct, i get no love in real life so i take out my romantic urges in computer games, now f-u

so will there be romance in the game? i loved it when bastila in KotoR fell in love with me and we had an romance going on, highly pleasing

I don't like to lock CNPC quest down to romance quests - it's more like we have relationship quests in K2, which aren't tied solely to romance but how much you are an example to your allies and how you treat them. Things like building friendships, loyalties, developing grudging respect or contempt, and occasionally the need to strangle the life out of each other will occur. And you can cheerfully shut them all down and ignore them if you want, though your companions may occasionally lay into each other without prompting.

Actually, you don't go in search of your lightsaber because it hasn't been lost - when you get exiled from the Jedi Order, they just don't let you keep your lightsaber.

Sure, you could make a new one. But you're right, yours is special and worth reclaiming... if you choose to.

I dig this approach.

Thanks for the tid-bit.

KOTOR was great - but too short, even doing all side quests.

Will Kotor 2 have more hours of gameplay?

Will Kotor 2 have more than one starport per planet for extra variance?

As long as the answers to all of the above are "yes" I'll be a very happy camper and more than happy to volunteer to BETA test (as long as all my current beta test projects are finished!).

I don't like to lock CNPC quest down to romance quests - it's more like we have relationship quests in K2, which aren't tied solely to romance but how much you are an example to your allies and how you treat them. Things like building friendships, loyalties, developing grudging respect or contempt, and occasionally the need to strangle the life out of each other will occur. And you can cheerfully shut them all down and ignore them if you want, though your companions may occasionally lay into each other without prompting.

Ack! No romances! Yikes. While the rest of the interactions sound great, no romances is a bad, bad idea.

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

I want to know why our MC has been kicked out of the Jedi Order...I am sure the Dev's can't answer us that...but I think it would be pretty funny if the Jedi would've kicked our chacracter out for being a drunk or something...

Jedi Council: "[Your name here] where found streaking around the Wookie embassy and using your lightsaber to imitate an...erection...how do you plead?"

[Your name]: 'Buuuuurp'....I have to pee pee... :p:):)

Um.. no romances would be ultra-bad, given the poll on this very site that showed over 80% of players supporting them and over HALF saying they were critical to the game. :(

Now earlier, a dev said there were not only going to be romances, but romance options to pursue with multiple characters... what happened to that?

The Romances Poll

Ack! No romances! Yikes. While the rest of the interactions sound great, no romances is a bad, bad idea.

His wording was 'aren't tied solely to romance'. He wasn't saying that there isn't going to be any, but that the NPC interactions are going to be based on more than just romance.

-Akari

ye no romance would be bad as it shows a more developed interction towards each charactor if there wer no romances then it would be ... incomplete :o its like from the fan fics on kotor fanfic a female reven says she always thoguht that something was incomplete with the memories of the main charactor as there wer no feelings an no love. love is a strong emotion and should definatly be in kotor (i still cant get over that the male reven got to kisss bastilla but the female version never kissd carth :p)

so just a question will the relationships between characters be more then just friends?

EDIT: my bad akari sorta half answered my question first :(

question: will there be any sort of extra lighting techniques like a torch or lightsaber giving off light its just in some of the caves in kotor eg the 1s on korriban and i think dantooine it was pretty dark an well sorta hurt your eyes abit havin to constantly strain your eyes to see beter will you just make places like that lighter in general?

His wording was 'aren't tied solely to romance'. He wasn't saying that there isn't going to be any, but that the NPC interactions are going to be based on more than just romance.

-Akari

Ah, Much thanks for clearing this up!

I am glad to hear that you all are working on more NPC interactions besides the romances. In one of my early KotOR games I tried taking Canderous and Juhani on missions together in hopes of triggering banters/interactions (C'mon, a Mandalorian and a Cathar wouldn't have something to say?) and there was nada.

Latter I found out from a bioware Dev that lots of Juhani stuff got cut due to time constrants leaving her character rather short-changed. Here's hoping you guys don't face similar problems.

Feza