Questions to the Devs

Will we have the option of continuing "open-ended" play after the game is "beaten"? Gices us chance to sell all those items and cash that EVERY frickin' crpg gives out on the last level that you never get to use for anything? Save the galaxy, then go on some leisurely sidequest action perhaps?

i'd rather see those items distributed evenly throughout the game. choosing armor for example should really take consideration- so there should be enough difference between various armors- do you want sound resistance or fire resistance? that type of thing.

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

ehum...

I know this may be a stupid question but..

"when are you going to put up a KotOR 2 site? exept for the original site?"

I mean, when you try clicking on KotOR 2 on the site you find yourself at the Lucasarts site.

are you going to put up an separate site? and if you are, about when can we expect one?

/Those who want to learn asks questions.

Some questions that I've not seen asked yet:

1. Will we be able to purchase upgrades for the Ebon Hawk?

2. Will the swoop bikes also be upgradable?

3. Will there be new mini-games?

4. In Kotor1, your party members seemed to be little more than additional combat sheilds. In Kotor2 will we see more use of the NPC's individual skills or perhaps knowledge? For example, a NPC that has complete or partial knowledge of a base and a method to bypass certain combat hotspots or be able to lead you to a little known cache of items? NPC's with skills at a much higher level than the PC has thus making them critical in certain party situations. If you are going to have the NPC's be able to 'create' items, it would be nice if the creation process actually took some game time (so you don't have things being made right on the spot).

5. Hopefully it will be easier to move items from inventory to containers than it was in Kotor1. More and better stacking would be nice also. Anything that is the same should stack.

I also like the earlier suggestion about modifing the 'Last man standing' rule. Just wanted to add my vote.

I also would like to add my vote to having opponents more wary of you or run away or surrender when the battle turns against them. It would be refreshing to NOT have to always kill every moving thing in a combat situation once combat starts.

2. Will the swoop bikes also be upgradable?

they talk about it on tattoine, but there was nothing like that in the game. additional boosters, shields etc. would be cool.

also, other vehicles to travel on planets would be nice. landspeeders for longer journeys...

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

ehum...

I know this may be a stupid question but..

"when are you going to put up a KotOR 2 site? exept for the original site?"

I mean, when you try clicking on KotOR 2 on the site you find yourself at the Lucasarts site.

are you going to put up an separate site? and if you are, about when can we expect one?

/Those who want to learn asks questions.

I think Lucas Arts really wants to host the KotOR2 site. This is good for us because it saves us having to pay the bandwidth costs associated with a page likely to receive so many hits. I'm not sure when/if we plan on having our own KotOR2 site.

-Akari

How is beta testing going to handled. Will Obsidian be handing that out, or will LA get that privilege for some bizaar reason.

And if Obsidian does, how close to KotOR 2:TSL release date will it be.

It's handled internally by Lucas Arts.

-Akari

Robes are for females. I can understand why jedis fall to the dark side. They dress a lot more stylish :o

How about some npcs in jumpsuits ? Then we can retexture them ourselves, like vault 8 or vault 11... :o

How much work would be involved in some truly spiky and ornamented armour ?

Will weapons always be grenades, blades (lightsabers) and pistols/rifles ?

Could be nice with a Flail of Skullflattening like the one, the Nazgul leader uses for BGIF* in the last LOTR movie. Or even some serious unarmed combat ?

*Bad Guy Impression Factor

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

For instance, there was the Kit Fisto saber mod that one person made, found in a chest on Manaan, with a freezing attribute, the way he wanted to do it, was with a graphic effect like that of the carbonite projector, only that it only happend with a specific % of the hits like the stun attributes with some of the crystals....but because he had no modders tools, and it was SO DAMNED HARD to do anything because of the lack of them, he had to settle for having the saber show up in the same slot that the Carbonite Projectors did for a droid, which was alot lamer IMHO.  :p 

What makes you think that mod would have been any easier even with Bio's own development tools?

There's no reason to assume that there's any way to put that property on a lightsaber. Maybe there is, maybe there isn't. We don't know.

I dunno, I assumed there was something similar to that as certain saber crystals make you saber have 'stun' and 'paralysis' qualities. I suppose that there might not have been the visual ice effect, but we won't ever know since they never gave us tools.

There was also a nude bastila mod for KotOR. Those modders have very very naughty minds. :blink:

For the love of Pete... *cries* Will the visual representation of Jedi wearing robes be similar to what has been shown with the female jedi in the screen shots, or is that just a unique model?!?!

:blink::p:(

The new Jedi/Dark Jedi/Sith robes (and the new armored flight suit) were showcased at E3; those aren't the base clothing for the character, however.

I have a few questions, it would be kindly of you to answer:

1- Will the PCs have more variety of faces to customize (or even changing th ebody size, the "fat"...)

2- Will you add more lightsabe hilts to the game?

3- Any chance to see PCs using hooded robes, with capes and so?

4- Will you improve the way Masks/Helms (jedi) look?

5- What's the name of the white jedi gal? :D (i know that was answered and deleted, but please answer)

Thx guys

Cyaz

"Be mindful of the currents of the living Force; to do one's duty is not always to do right. Concern yourself with the right action. Let duty take care of itself."

-Qui-Gon's voice to Anakin Skywalker

"

5- What's the name of the white jedi gal? :D (i know that was answered and deleted, but please answer)

Her name is Kreia.

No, Kreia is the older jedi woman. The white womans name apparantly begins with an A.

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

-John Rogers