Questions to the Devs

will there be a demo?

I hope so.

I think not.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Questions I have

-If you choose to go down the drak side can you tattoo your body a la Darth Maul?

The body tattoos aren't a dark side jedi thing, they're a Zabrak thing. Just nitpicking, sorry.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm Not sure if this has been asked yet(there is a lot to sift though)

Are there going to be any improvements to the graphics options.

Will we be able to turn off or turn down things like particle effects?

Will the Npc's have higher poly count or is that restricted by the engine?

In the Gamespot developer interview someone metioned that there will be more side quests DOES this include more for your party members aswell?

Also how about party npc dialog interjections and Banters, Will there be more aswell and if so will it affect the story at all?

OH and Please say your gonna make the DS dialog choices more sinister and manipulative. Instead of the jerk thug route for DS.

My main question is:

Do the developers anticipate a world-wide release, or can those of us not in NA have to wait longer? I'm American, but I go to school in Australia, and the school year starts in January.

I'll just miss the release date (unless it is pushed back.) so I'm curious to know how much longer my wait will be.

Will choices for darkside options just consist of "cruel/thuggish evil" acts, or will there be chances for darkside options involving more sophistication then stealing a wraith plate from a widow? I wanna play a darkside game with some more intellectual options for evil.

OK, I'm frightening myself here...

Ok. So we know the devs are tweaking the combat animations to give a better sense of improving on your combat skills by having better looking or more complex animations. What I'm wondering is, does this apply only to feat-based combat abilities? Essentially, are only feats like Flurry, Critical Strike, Power Attack, etc being tweaked? Will the basic attack anims change at all? Such as your single-saber dueling attack anims, dual-wielding anims, dual-saber anims. Will these also change? Will they offer a more varied series of anims depending on your opponent (your dual-wielded sabers vs a single saber foe, your single saber vs a dual-saber foe, etc)?

I'm big time curious. I loved the anims of a dual-wielder vs a single saber (it just seemed to be the most fluid anims) and always wanted to see more variety in the attack anims.

Anyway, if the devs can take time away for a moment or two to respond to this (but not too much time, KotOR II is all that matters here!), I'd be much obliged.

More than certain that, somewhere in this thread, this has been asked but:

Is/was there any effort in the writing to make being "dark" a little more than just being a bully? It seemed a lot of the "evil" options available to a person leveled out somewhere at "thug" rather than being a bit more epic.

I'm not sure how easy it would be to work those kinds of things into the KotOR format, but perhaps a few more Machiavellian options would fit better with a lot of fans ideas about what being "Sith" means.

Oh, and has the "Darth" titling been fixed this time around, to fit with the generally accepted canon that the "Darth" title did not originate until faaaaar after the events depicted in the KotOR series thus far?

I just want to settle once and for all....will there be cheats?

Also, will you be releasing developers tools for KotOR 2? I mean, after the things that the gaming community did with the original, even when Bioware denied them tools and code that could have made their mods much better, and quicker to make....I think it's the least you can do to give us tools the second time around....at least I hope so. I mean, if the sequel is anywhere near as good as the original, you can bet that the community will mod it as well, tools or no tools.....it would just make it alot easier, and quicker, if we had the proper tools. :rolleyes:

Another quick question...if you're allowed to answer it. Will Dantooine be anything like the Dantooine Aftermath mod that was made....all rubble and crap? I doubt it would have grown to the point it was in The Courtship of Princess Leia, so I'm thinking maybe a slightly overgrown ruins type of thing? Maybe a couple of farms left? Or did they rebuild the Jedi Academy there after it was destroyed? Just curious....and you guys haven't said much yet, so I don't really expect a straight answer....but maybe a hint? :rolleyes:

Will choices for darkside options just consist of "cruel/thuggish evil" acts, or will there be chances for darkside options involving more sophistication then stealing a wraith plate from a widow? I wanna play a darkside game with some more intellectual options for evil.

OK, I'm frightening myself here...

i couldn't agree with you more. whenver i played as a ds character it seemed you never really did anything that would qualify you as a dark lord, or even a former one. you just generally came off as a jerk. at least not until you kill your crew on the unknown world. making zaalbar kill mission was gut-wrenching. cool. but gut-wrenching.

Question / Request:

Can I set a DEFAULT combat move I want my party members to use?

Or setup some AI scripts?

Or Prioritise Force Powers?

IE, can I tell a melee fighter companion to use Critical Strike or Flurry as their default attack?

Can I prioritise the force buffing powers that a councellor type jedi will use.

The thing I really want is the "Default Attack Type" setting for each party member.

Question / Request:

Can I set a DEFAULT combat move I want my party members to use?

Sure, as long as it is regular attack.

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?