Questions to the Devs

Another GREAT question that nobody has asked:

Will your character have a voice this time?

The protagonist did have a voice actually. She/he only had a few lines of spoken dialogue though. Such as when a critical hit landed, or when going into stealth mode.

I have only three questions, and one was already answered (Ranged weapons will not be completely useless this time)

2) Will grenades be fixed so they aren't a waste of time against moving targets, and too good against anything stationary? It is just odd to me that a level 2 character can whop a higher level one by their insanely accurate grenade throwing.

3) I really want to know this, are the force powers going to be fixed so you don't turn into an uber death machine? That is a critical issue to me.

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

Another GREAT question that nobody has asked:

Will your character have a voice this time?

That would be next to impossible. There would be enough lines to fill up a starring role in a movie if they did that. Plus they would need at least a male and a female, not to mention possibilities for dark or light characters.

It would be great, but quite insane. Would be nice if they did it BG style where you could just choose from a few presets for combat dialogue and such (I don't remember that being in KotOR btw Malfidae). Is that what you were asking?

Actions sounds were in the game, IIRC, StillLife, but I don't think they worked well/all that much.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

force powers do not need to be weaker if enemies are stronger which I hope they wil be.

No, they need to be weaker, there will NEVER be enemies that will match the incredibly screwed cheese of destroy droid+force wave. Unless they make them all immune, which will essentially make force powers useless.

If they stuck to the damn rules...

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

Am I the only one that realized the dev's are probably incredibly busy, and DON'T have the time to go around to every forum on the face of the planet, scrounge up information from their team, and write a carefully thought out reply (they have roughly eight months left, I believe, and considering what they still don't know...)? Not like saying this will do any good... I guess people are going to continue repeating some question of theirs over and over, the dev's will never read it, but they'll persist nonetheless. Just think: what on earth would you do with yourselves if they hadn't announced this? Not to say you shouldn't ask anything, it's fun to do - just as long as you have no expectations of them answering.

but using the force is meant to turn you into an uber-death machine. you have this massive power that few others have. keep it as powerful. maybe restrict the FP meter or make things cost more so you can't be as cheesy. but a jedi is supposed to be a god-like warrior in comparison to normal dudes.

BioWare made very silly force powers and feats, stuff as "master dual wield" do not exist in Star Wars d20 and neither does the "... droid" powers.

From what looks OE is reworking force powers (and I hope the force system) so I assume the Biowarian silliness is removed from the game.

drakron.png

PnP don't often translate well to crpgs. Often some things just aren't possible to implement which unbalances things forcing other things to be dropped for balance. If I want to play SW D20 Ill go play that. Otherwise I prefer game developers to feel free to pick and choose what they wish and design their game based on what is best for their crpg and not feel pressured to include little unimportant things because they are in D20.

Problem was what stuff BioWare made up but never finished, point in case is the Sentinel class that despite being a good idea it failed to compared with the others.

Also my view of BioWare staff is they are the powergaming type, only a powergamer would want to join diplomacy and intimidate into a generalist skill, add the fact Star Wars d20 stuff usually dont have items hat give bonus to atributes and skills (there are but they are few and the bonus are small) and SWkotOR had insane powerful stuff, starting with implants that was really a bad idea.

drakron.png

BioWare made very silly force powers and feats, stuff as "master dual wield" do not exist in Star Wars d20 and neither does the "... droid" powers.

From what looks OE is reworking force powers (and I hope the force system) so I assume the Biowarian silliness is removed from the game.

Always time to take another pot shot at Bioware eh? :)

While I believe Obsidian's KotOR will be better than Bioware's, I don't believe it will be any closer to the rules, and even if it is that doesn't automatically make it better.

Am I the only one that realized the dev's are probably incredibly busy, and DON'T have the time to go around to every forum on the face of the planet, scrounge up information from their team, and write a carefully thought out reply (they have roughly eight months left, I believe, and considering what they still don't know...)? Not like saying this will do any good... I guess people are going to continue repeating some question of theirs over and over, the dev's will never read it, but they'll persist nonetheless. Just think: what on earth would you do with yourselves if they hadn't announced this? Not to say you shouldn't ask anything, it's fun to do - just as long as you have no expectations of them answering.

I agree completely. I think there is a lot of fun to have in speculation though. I just read your post in the 'Characters from KOTOR1' thread too. You seem to speak a lot of sense. :)

The only real problem I had with KotOR was the tedius interface and the combat abundance. Everything else was livable and functioned as designed. Uber items and powers can be self-regulated, and the powergamers can go wild with it. I won't nor care. I tend to role-play so if it doesn't sit with my PC, I don't use it. :)

Except the fact that they actually do read their own forum and do post answers seemingly whenever they have time and opportunity.

And I, for one, appreciate it a lot.

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

-John Rogers

"point in case is the Sentinel class that despite being a good idea it failed to compared with the others."

"Also my view of BioWare staff is they are the powergaming type,"

no doubt you can see why these comments might make Gromnir question you.

sentinel sucked compared to other classes.

sentinel was less efficacious than the other classes.

sentinel is the one class that bio invented.

bioware must be powergamers.

huh?

also of note, bioware actually made the jedi classes less powerful than the d20 counterparts when it was coming to combat... and 80%+ of the game was combat. if we recall correct, a lightsabre in the hands of a jedi with 15 levels of guardian would be doing 5d8 damage per hit.

as to why you might combine various skills into diplomacy... well, if you is using the aurora engine as the basis for kotor, it seems kinda obvious why skills look similar to nwn... also explains why there is similar slots for magic/techno items.

didn't you ever wonder why jedi powers is NOT based on skills in kotor?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Am I the only one that realized the dev's are probably incredibly busy, and DON'T have the time to go around to every forum on the face of the planet, scrounge up information from their team, and write a carefully thought out reply (they have roughly eight months left, I believe, and considering what they still don't know...)?  Not like saying this will do any good... I guess people are going to continue repeating some question of theirs over and over, the dev's will never read it, but they'll persist nonetheless.  Just think:  what on earth would you do with yourselves if they hadn't announced this?  Not to say you shouldn't ask anything, it's fun to do - just as long as you have no expectations of them answering.

Except the fact that they actually do read their own forum and do post answers seemingly whenever they have time and opportunity.

And I, for one, appreciate it a lot.

I for two.

Personally I have a lot of hope for this place, the devs and mods are real people :)