Charmed/dominated creatures will attack themselves

Smilge

Question

Charmed or dominated creatures will attack themselves, sometimes using special abilities like knockdown, or on hit effects like poison.

1) Create a cipher or druid (or other character that has a charm/domination type spell)

2) Cast Puppet master/charm animal or any other charm/domination effect on a lone enemy

3) Enemy will attack itself

A dominated creature will attack the party in self-defense, so it doesn't seem right that they would attack themselves. It especially doesn't follow that an enemy can knock itself down, or that a spider can poison itself.

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

yep, laughet relly hard when that happend to me :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Hello,

Thank you for your postings. This is a known issue with Charm/Dominate. The new AI we have implemented should help to resolve many of these discrepancies. Though, it is possible that it may cause a few in its wake and so we'll be looking to everyone to see how the changes play out.

Thank you for your support during the beta!  :grin: