Talents for Wizards and Chanters

PK htiw klaw eriF

Question

They don't seem to have access to talents at level up. Tested it for both classes twice, once on easy and once on normal.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

7 answers to this question

They don't seem to have access to talents at level up. Tested it for both classes twice, once on easy and once on normal.

Ciphers also don't have access to talents.

Yeah, I meant to put Cipher instead of Chanter. Chanters also don't get any talents though.

I think any class that chooses a spell or something at level 3 or 6 doesn't get a talent at level up.

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Druids and Priests get talents at 3 along with their spells.  So, really the only 3 are the "Arcane" Casters.  I really think it is a bug, or that the talents for those 3 classes aren't implemented yet... which would be odd seeing that a good portion of the talents in game are the same across every class (weapon focus and Hold the Line).  All the classes with special talents only have 3 of them.  I would like a developer response on this.  I just want to know if we should expect talents for these 3 classes.  I would really be upset if only 3 classes got screwed when it comes to talents.

EDIT:  Druids and Priests don't have to select their spells though.  They just unlock them.  Perhaps that is the issue that the 3 classes in question are missing their talents because it is bugging when you go to select your spells.  

Edited by Ganrich

Druids and Priests get talents at 3 along with their spells.  So, really the only 3 are the "Arcane" Casters.  I really think it is a bug, or that the talents for those 3 classes aren't implemented yet... which would be odd seeing that a good portion of the talents in game are the same across every class (weapon focus and Hold the Line).  All the classes with special talents only have 3 of them.  I would like a developer response on this.  I just want to know if we should expect talents for these 3 classes.  I would really be upset if only 3 classes got screwed when it comes to talents.

There are talents for those classes in the game files and there will be more talents in the final game. see wiki entry for talents

Edited by Prometheus
  • Like 1

Cool.  Then my guess is that when these classes select their spells for level 3 that this screen interferes with the Talent screen for one reason or another.  I could be wrong though.

They are the only 3 classes that select a small number of spells from a larger pool during level up.  The Priest and Druid get access to their entire spell list and never see a selection screen, and no one else has "spells".

Hello all,

Thank you for your postings. We are aware that Wizard, Cipher, and Chanter are not receiving talents on level 3 and 6 as intended. I will add this to our known issues list and link this thread.

Thank you for your feedback and support during the beta!  :grin:

• Like 1