A simple thread for community brainstorming, suggesting possible feats or traits that allow different builds and methods of role-playing.

Weak of body/Strong of mind

You were born the runt of the litter, weak of body and with a Soul that was broken and shattered, and you suffered. But you would not give up, you would not die and you would not accept that only the strong deserve life. You fought against this injustice, you struggled tooth and claw to survive, against everything that life could throw at you. Your resolve became as iron, and your will was unbreakable.

Effect: Might suffers a substantial penalty but all Soul powers and spells (but not physical melee and ranged attacks) gain a significant damage bonus from Resolve, allowing the classic archetype of the frail but powerful spellcaster to be built.

Restriction: Can only be taken by spellcasters, Ciphers, Wizards, Druids and such.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Specializing in a combat style from the get-go is something I enjoy, so being able to select a talent at character creation would be nice! 

Passive talents that improve a character's prowess with a specific fighting style (two-handed weapon, two weapons etc.) is my first choice. There could be a few talents within each category, where it makes sense; for accuracy and damage, another for an increased interrupt capability and one for a bonus to deflection.

One more, this one is active:

It's for warriors who rely on dodging rather than a shield to avoid getting their faces bashed in.
If the character is not equipped with a shield, he gets a [1.5 x dexterity] bonus to deflection for __ seconds. If a shield is equipped the bonus is [0.5 x dexterity]. One/encounter.

• Like 3

Passive combat talents are what I would like to see most. Feats that focus in on a particular style of fighting, weapon of choice, or defense style of choice in particular.

I'd also like to see activated talents that one would definitely not want to do in all situations. Things such as whirlwind attacks (although possibly a little less martially iffy), charges, and the like. In fact, come to think of it, one thing I've always thought would be nice for a whirlwind style attack is to have in addition to the benefits also the penalty of a lowered defense or of enemies getting free hits in on you. Benefit/drawback heavy, special use type things are what I like in an activated talent.

knightofchaoss.jpg

Passive talents that you can pick by doing certain quests in a certain way, seeing things in the game world and by fighting some special monsters is something I have very much enjoyed in the Witcher series (especially no. 2). I'd like to see this in PoE too.

I don't enjoy swapping weapons in combat so I'd appreciate a trade-off talent that removes a weapon set slot (or 2, for a greater bonus) and grants a permanent combat bonus.

Passive combat talents are what I would like to see most. Feats that focus in on a particular style of fighting, weapon of choice, or defense style of choice in particular.

I agree. I think it's good to let players "imprint" a fighting style or weapon (group) of choice on their characters, as part of their personality and combat training, at level 1.

From the above, there's weapon group focus and weapon group specialization (for fighters), but only available from level 3 and 4 respectively. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see an option to improve the initiative and/or speed of my attacks and also the ability to disarm and improve the ability of my party members to disarm opponents if all melee combatants are able to attempt the disarming of their opponent(s). I recall a drow monk in Hordes of the Underdark that gave my rogue/shadowdancer fits with that little trick and I'd like to be able to do unto others before they do unto me.

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

Codpiece Revolver

You mount a pistol on your codpiece and it does over 9000 Pierce damage on hit. Unlimited useage, .1 second animation.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands