Make 8-10 in an attribute default and add or substract from it.

Mayama

current state requires an extra second or two o' clicking for folks who prefer more normalized builds? that is the complaint?

*sigh*

really?

HA! Good Fun!

Complaint? Who's complaining?

I'm reading this thread as merely an opinion and a suggestion from one of our forum participants. I'm not sure where you're getting the complaint angle from, but I guess it would somewhat explain why your reaction isn't exactly proportional to the idea.

Here's what has happened, just to recap:

• Poster A has an idea.
  • Poster B says, that's not a bad idea.
  • Gromnir comes into the conversation, and grows increasingly annoyed, twisting the innocent suggestion into a bonafide complaint.

What?

No Gromnir, not good fun. Just a good way to unnecessarily suck a little bit of joy out of Gromnir's day.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

people accuse lawyers o' playing semantics games?

*insert dismissive emoticon o' your choice here*

am still finding this far more ridiculous than annoying. set at 8 instead o' 3?  

*chuckle*

keep plugging away in an attempt to... am not sure what is your goal at this point. elicit some kinda charged response? good luck. in any event, we applaud your verve and it is amusing to watch you keeps such a non-issue alive. we will oblige just so long as your wackiness doesn't become too repetitive. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I haven't any goal here. I'm just poster B, who happened not to hate the idea of poster A, and I find Gromnir's semi-vociferous reaction to the idea a touch curious.

There's no "deeper agenda" that I have for posting in this thread, so rest easy.

EDIT: Oh, and I was also having a little fun with the fact that I'm apparently conversing with one of the villains from my all time favorite cRPG. Just innocent fun without any ulterior motive. Some of the posters here are such suspicious fellows.

Edited by Marceror

I haven't any goal here. I'm just poster B, who happened not to hate the idea of poster A, and I find Gromnir's semi-vociferous reaction to the idea a touch curious.

There's no "deeper agenda" that I have for posting in this thread, so rest easy.

*chuckle*

if you keep on with the "rest easy" kinda nonsense we got nothing to respond to.

the original genesis post idea were silly. pushing and promoting were silly. we pointed out silliness. if that is all...

*shrug*

well, there is always a few such folks.

in any event, nothing new from us til you get new material. is not a game to see how long we can go before you say something new or til we get bored.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

LOL! There's no response required. The conversation was cute but has run it's course, and my last post was meant to close out the dialogue.

Even though I agreed with the idea, I don't care enough about it to continue talking about it, or even talking around it.

So feel free to bash the idea all you want. I'm moving on.

For me this is more about the convenience factor of not having to click so often.

You realise that this would merely increase the base value by some amount, but have no effect on your clicking whatsoever?

Whether your stats start at 0 and you have, say, 20 points to distribute or they start at 10 and you have 20 points to distribute, you still have 20 points to distribute and need the same number of clicks to do so.

For me this is more about the convenience factor of not having to click so often.

You realise that this would merely increase the base value by some amount, but have no effect on your clicking whatsoever?

Whether your stats start at 0 and you have, say, 20 points to distribute or they start at 10 and you have 20 points to distribute, you still have 20 points to distribute and need the same number of clicks to do so.

I will respond to this for the sake of clarity. As the game is currently, you start with 57 points to distribute which means 57 clicks are required to distribute them. If all stats were set to 10 at chargen, and assuming the same number of total stats, you would have 18 points to distribute. I tend not to have any stats below 10, so there would be 18 clicks. Final tally is 39 less clicks at chargen (57 - 18 = 39).

Edited by Marceror
  • Like 1

I will respond to this for the sake of clarity. As the game is currently, you start with 57 points to distribute which means 57 clicks are required to distribute them. If all stats were set to 10 at chargen, and assuming the same number of total stats, you would have 18 points to distribute. I tend not to have any stats below 10, so there would be 18 clicks. Final tally is 39 less clicks at chargen (57 - 18 = 39).

Glad you're doing your part on this crusade to end carpal tunnel syndrome. Keep fighting the good fight!

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

That's a completely seperate change, though. This would only increase your final stats by 10 each while having no effect on your clicking at all. You would still have to click 57 times to get there. The 10 additional points do not come out of your chargen budget.(and, in fact, do not make your character stronger, either) You're asking for a UI change, this is asking for a change in stat calculations.

There's also the question of how much of this is due to special conditions in beta.