Does this game need a Muscle Wizard optional "boss" character as an Easter egg?

Longknife

24 members have voted

1. 1. Should an Easter Egg be included involving an optional fight with a Muscle Wizard?

• Yes
    • Also Yes

Refer to the poll.

Details of the Easter egg would be:

-Completely optional encounter with the Muscle Wizard in a random location. Optional because Muscle Wizard is too badass to be required to beat for the average casual gamer

-Muscle Wizard appears topless while wearing sweatpants and a wizard hat straight out of Disney's Fantasia

-Muscle Wizard attacks with his muscles. The damage log would also read "Muscle Wizard attacks _____ with his muscles for xx damage."
-Muscle Wizard can flex his biceps for a rather beefy damage self-buff.

-Muscle Wizard prefers to settle fights with his muscles and thus punches opponents or uses wrestling moves on them. Muscle Wizard only uses magic to teleport to enemies and muscle-rize them sooner.

-Muscle Wizard has a variety of adrenaline pumping combat taunts, such as "KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!!" and "Do u even lift?"
-Muscle Wizard has a variety of his own unique combat animations, most of them wrestling moves that cause knockdown effects.

-Muscle Wizard is capable of causing Blind effect on all female party members with the sheer glory that is his pecs.

-Muscle Wizard's Might stat is Maximum

-Concept art: http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/scale_super/13/131668/2581658-9836825171-ryuis.jpg

I understand that attribute balancing and bug stomping are also of some degree of importance, but I simply feel we should remind Obsidian what's truly important and what the fundamentals of a good RPG are. Yes, by all means balance the attributes, but Pillars of Eternity simply won't be a good game without a proper Muscle Wizard to kick some reality into unmuscular nerdy wizards. No one with half a brain is going to buy the storyline and lore of PoE if the world is devoid of a Muscle Wizard. A world without one is just absolute nonsense, it just doesn't happen!

So yeah, everyone be sure to vote in the poll to let Obsidian know how important this is.

• Like 7

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

MIGHT is not strength.

• Like 1

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

MIGHT is not strength.

Your lies don't fool Muscle Wizard, Sneaky Paladin!

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

What do you mean, 'easter egg?'

I'm not quite sure what exactly I'm supposed to be explaining here. :U

You know what an easter egg in a video game is, right?

MIGHT is not strength.

Well, to be fair, "might" can literally mean "physical strength" and superficially it does seem to replace the IE stat "strength", however in the context of the game they probably want it to mean "power or ability to do or accomplish". But simplifying it down to "damage modifier" could be accomplished as well.

Either I'm right or you're wrong.

It was an attempt at deadpan humor.

The implication being, P:E needs a muscle wizard boss, full stop.

Like I said, he's too OP for the average casual gamer. It'd never work.

As long as there's an evil genius barbarian behind the scenes, pulling strings and manipulating the muscle wizard into furthering his sinister agenda.

Great idea!  He can be the optional boss for PoE 2: The Quest for More Muscles.

• Like 4

Muscle wizard boss? It's already been done.

jonirenicus.jpg

(so ironic)

Not a real muscle wizard, not tanned, no baby oil. Just a wannabe. Also look at those tiny thighs that guy has uper body day every day...

Edited by Mayama
  • Like 1