Should weapon resistances be weakened?

Namutree

Should weapon resistances be weakened?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should weapon resistances be weakened?

• Yes, they should weakened by a lot.
    • They might need to be a little bit weaker.
    • No, the system is fine the way it is.
    • Weapon resistances should get a bit stronger.
    • Weapon resistances should be much stronger.

Some enemies in poe have some resistances and weaknesses to certain weapons, and I feel that they are a bit too extreme. I suggest weakening them. So people; do you agree, or am I just being a fool.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I'm not sure. The combat is currently so chaotic that I can't really tell why my toons aren't doing much damage, if that's the case. Is their Accuracy too low? Is the weapon DT penetration too low? Something else?

I guess it might be a bit too early to tell for sure.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I agree with PrimeJunta. Although weapon damage clearly makes a difference in combat, it's difficult to tell how much of a difference it's currently making.

I wouldn't want Obsidian to make too many big changes to the game-play itself until I've had a chance to experience it without all the bugs.

Edited by Sylvanpyxie

I dont think that you should have 4 weapon sets that you carry with you and can change at any time(ranged weapon not included)and find this a silly idea that breaks immersion.IMO,at camp is where you rest but also where you can choose your equipment for the melee and ranged slot for encountered enemies.

What?!?! No effect!?!Whats kool about POE is that as you kill creatures you start to learn about them more and how to kill them more effectively allowing you to equip the right tool for the job at next encounter

So as not to lose the tactical choice in combat of choosing a weapon set for each enemy I think that a more immersive option compared to switching weapons is to have to choose a different melee attack tactic as battle progresses,think aimed or power attack.So beetles have high DT armor so easy enough you set for power attack to get as much damage in.But then your enemy changes to a fighter who is in light armor but has incredible skills at deflection and you change to aimed.Enemy is heavy armor tank you change back to power etc.The power attack of course leaves you less able to defend so its a choice you make.

Now to add to this while in combat you could add a bit more feelz to melee by having it so that as you cause effects to happen to your target you can quickly change tactics for even better effect.Say you stun a light armored enemy who your having a hard time hitting then pause and set the next attack for power attack and voila fast tactical death.

I'm not sure. The combat is currently so chaotic that I can't really tell why my toons aren't doing much damage, if that's the case. Is their Accuracy too low? Is the weapon DT penetration too low? Something else?

Best way to learn what is going on is just turn on auto pause for everything.  Then every time it pauses check that log and see what happened.  Damage resistance isn't that common on mobs so far so I feel okay about it, it is really strong when you do run into it though.

I think all these polls are extremely premature. We haven't even been able to get a good overview of combat because of a few bugs and some not yet implemented features, while we have only seen a small number of enemies. There is very little to base this poll on.

• Like 1

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

I think all these polls are extremely premature. We haven't even been able to get a good overview of combat because of a few bugs and some not yet implemented features, while we have only seen a small number of enemies. There is very little to base this poll on.

That's probably true...