Cant figure out how to use chants...

Luhaja

Can someone give me a rundown on how to aquire chants or rest and get them? because I've tried resting and putting chants on that prepared chant page but I cannot see any chants in my casting bar after I've rested - so I figure I must have done something wrong...

Edit - I've just noticed it says combat only... So I think I managed to answer my own question...

Edited by Luhaja

Left book icon above your character portrait lets you set up the order of your phrases, and have different phrases for different situations.  I think 4 is the limit... which is fine.  You then have to click the appropriate chant when combat begins, and switch when you need to.  After you activate it the first time the chants should start every combat after that on their own.  You just need to switch it manually if you feel you need to. 

I have yet to figure out how this is supposed to work - I can clickity click phrases on to the "music sheet" but have no clue what I am doing with it - do I need x number of phrases to make one work is it the same phrase 3 times or different phrases the (music staffs) seem to go on endlessly if I keep clicking the next (lettered A B C etc) and I can apparently put as many phrases in whatever order I please on each. Totally lost here...  :banghead:

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

fill the note sheet, then w8 till the chanter plays the whole sheet in combat (4 tacts), for every 4 tacts u get 1 charge, need 3 charges for lvl 3 ability.

Edited by mrmonocle

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

Fill the note sheet with what exactly? the same phrase? different phrases? (because it allows you to do either)

fill just one sheet (A) or as many as you wish (A B C D etc) do you get to choose between sheets in combat once they are filled or do they play in order A B C etc

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

I think it can be the same phrases, but it seems better to stick with 2 that repeat. There's no advantage to doing one over the other, aside from the fact that some phrases take longer to complete than others.

You can choose between sheets in combat, just click on either of them. If it's green it means the chant is active. The phrases play in order but the sheets do not, so once A is finished it'll loop back around to the start of A.