How do you plan to change the inventory, if at all

The topic speaks for itself, and I see a lot of devs online right now. So it's been talked about, argued about, and I'm curious to see what the developers think.

Also, and this is more a GUI question, but the interface panels (when you looked at your stats, inventory, equip etc) for KOTOR never scaled to your resolution. I.e you'd be playing in 1600x1200 and look at your inventory, and have only a fraction of that resolution to work with because (i assume) the inventory art was never designed past 640x480 specs (TV sets).

Thanks for reading!

ps hire tom french

ANYTHING BUT WHAT IT WAS IN KotOR.

Seriously I hated the inventory in the game, it was big and you kept every thing you picked up through the entire game, whether it was a datapad or an armor suite weighing 200 pounds. And it took too long to scroll through all the junk, especially toward the end.

At least work it so that you drop quest items when you complete the quest.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

As much as I want a complete inventory overhaul, I would probably be content with just an option to organize my loot better.

Not saying I liked the system, but....sheesh, it was hard to find stuff. Just making that small fix would make it tons better, in my opinion.

I like the idea that we'll have better organization, but I actually liked the fact that the game didn't go hogwild about the ability to carry stuff.

I would have thought unlimited inventory would hurt the game. There's no doubt that I noticed that I never had to worry about encumbrance. Still, there was something cool about not having to worry about what stuff I'd left behind or where I was going to store all of the crap I picked up during the game. Realism is over-rated.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Ya, we've all got these opinions which is why I'm curious to hear what Obsidian has to say.

My dream inventory would be like Fallout's; the bottomless scrolling type (maybe with two columns instead of one, so you can view more without scrolling as much) with the equipped items and mini-stats viewable all from the same screen. Maybe add some <-- and --> arrows at the top of the inventory column which would cycle through the types of items [all, quest, weapons, armour, misc].

All mouse driven, of course. And for the xbox version maybe just spruce up the current kotor inventory? While I don't own a xbox, from what I understand kotor on the xbox handled the rpg inventory as best as it could. The complaints came from PC-users who knew how much better it could be done/interacted with.

I didn't find the inventory too bad, you just have to sell the stuff you don't use and always have 'new items' as your inventory organiser. Apart from the new stuff, you only need the stuff you equip. A lot easier than having to throw stuff on the floor everytime your inventory was full.

I remember the first time I walked up to a chest and tried to stick my excess items in it. That was funny. I wasn't very quick on the uptake so I tried to figure out what was wrong for a good 10 to 15 minutes.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!