Information window during Character Creation / Level-Up does not update, or updates on Last Mouse-over.

Ark Evensong

Question

Two bugs here, and both pop up in (at least) two different places.

Bug  1a):

[Description of the issue]

Information window on the right during character creation does not update until mouse-over when distributing Attributes.

[steps to reproduce / take notice of]

Start a new game, select sex (any), race (any), for class select Fighter.

Click Next.

-Notice how information window on the right still displays information about the Fighter class.

(See screenshot)

post-64695-0-12541000-1408721084_thumb.jpg

Mouse-over an attribute,

-Notice how right screen displays information about the last mouse-overed attribute (As it's supposed to)

Click next, select a culture.

Click on the attribute bar at the top of the screen

-Notice how information window still displays information about the selected culture.

[Expected behaviour]

Upon arriving in the Attribute distribution screen, Information window should be blank, or list general information about Attributes. (What are they, what do they do?)

[Other remarks / Comments]

Perhaps Notably, issue does not happen when selecting a Ranger, and arriving in the Animal Companion selection screen. 

Bug 1b):

Same issue happens during level-ups when you can select a talent.

Information window on the right during level-up when you can select a talent does not update until mouse-over.

Start a new game, go through character creation with a Fighter.

Once in-game, level up once as usual (to Level 2).

Level up again (to 3), distribute your Skill points, click [Next], arrive in Talent select screen.

-Notice how information window on the right still displays information about the last mouse-overed skill in the previous screen.

(See screenshot)

post-64695-0-29659400-1408721085_thumb.jpg

[Expected behaviour]

Information window should be blank, or display general information about Talents.

Now that we're here, let's look at another bug, shall we?

Bug 2):

When picking a talent during level-up, information window displays information about last mouse-overed talent, instead of selected one.

Just ... get to the talent selection screen. If you checked out Bug 1b), you should be here already, otherwise follow the steps described there.

Click on the first talent, selecting it.

-Notice how information window displays information about "Weapon Focus Adventurer" (As should be.)

Mouse-over the last talent in the first row.

-Notice how information window displays information about "Hold the Line" (As should be.)

Move mouse to "Neutral" space.

-Notice how, despite "Weapon Focus Adventurer" is selected, information window displays info about "Hold the Line"

(See Screenshot)

post-64695-0-77003200-1408721086_thumb.jpg

[Expected behaviour]

Information window should display information about selected talent, or current mouse-over, NOT last mouse-over.

As in:

NO selected talent AND

Cursor in neutral space - "General Talent" information.

Cursor on Talent icon - Information about currently mouse-overed talent

WITH selected talent AND

Cursor in neutral space - Information about selected talent

Cursor on Talent icon- Information about currently mouse-overed talent

Almost same bug happens during character creation for the Ranger, when picking an animal companion. Difference here is that there IS a "General Animal Companion" information screen, which displays properly upon first entering the screen.

It ALSO re-appears upon de-selecting an animal companion, but vanishes as soon as you move the mouse - the information screen reverts back to "Last mouse-over" behaviour, and considering your mouse cursor is in the middle of an icon, it can't move to 'neutral' space.

During similar screens, but where you can make 2 or more choices, things are wonky as well, but slightly differently (especially when deselecting a previous selected option)- have not tested properly.
Edited by Ark Evensong

3 answers to this question

Bumping because it's been a week, no reply, and I haven't seen anyone else bring it up yet.

(Which ... kind of makes me feel awkward, but eh, I spent some time on writing this out, and I figured it might be best to call attention to it before the next build rolls out? Then again, maybe it's already fixed, I did hear about UI fixes.)

This isn't a me-only bug, right? I could supply logs/dxdiag if needed.

Not high priority or anything, but I'd hate to still see this behavior in the final build.

Hey Roby,

kinda figured this was a known issue, but found it worth pointing out anyway, just in case it wasn't.

No sweat about not getting a fix in for the first patch - it's functional enough as is, just a bit awkward when/if you notice it.

Thanks for the reply!