So, from what I understand from those who have played the beta, godlike get +1 to Int and Dex and a passive ability based on the subtype, but they can't wear helmets. Now I was under the impression that godlike get +1 to int and Dex plus whatever stat bonuses their base race grants normally. So a human godlike would get +1 to Intellect and Dexterity in addition to the +1 humans get to Might and Resolve. From what I've read on the internet, however godlike only get the bonus to Dex and Int. That seems a little gimped to me, because you lose the ability to wear helmets only for a minor passive ability.

I agree it sounds like in general that Godlikes are a little gimped considering that they are...ahem, God-like. While we still don't know to what extent the no-helmet restriction will be an impediment for a Godlike character (will have to have a full-game understanding of helmet equipment options) nor do we know what the non-combat ramifications or being a Godlike are yet, my instincts tell me that the lack of an armor piece should be balanced our by additional abilities/attributes.

What's the point of putting up with anti-Godlike harassment from the local yokels if you're not mildly to moderately superior to others of similar class and level?

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

Are they truly god like though? Not everyone believes that. Plus, death Godlike looks stupid. The others look good too. Death Godlike is called that because I wish I was dead just looking at them which makes them worse than a medusa.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Even if helmets aren't that great godlike would still only be as good as other races instead of being God-like.

I'm pretty sure that's the point though? Godlike isn't meant to be "godlike" in terms of power...

Well, maybe, but at this point they seem gimped instead. For example why would anyone make a godlike warrior when humans, aumauas, and dwarfs have superior stats AND can wear helmets?

Each subtype has a different passive bonus that is a little more powerful than passive bonuses from other races.(wiki)

If what I read is true then Death godlike do extra damage when their target is >15% Stamina, Fire godlike do fire damage to their attackers when they're at low health, and Moon godlike release healing moonbeams when they drop bellow 75, 50, and 25% health. I don't remember what the Nature ones have. Only the Moon godlike's passive ability sounds any good, and I don't think it's worth losing a helmet.

I don't have the stats at hand but, honestly, helmets in the beta have been few and far between and those I have picked up have either been purely cosmetic or possessed only very minor buffs. Also Fire Godlike do a small amount of fire damage as soon as they fall below 50% stamina AND gain a bonus to their DT. Nature Godlike recover stamina 25% faster regardless of how they're recovering it.

Edited by MasterPrudent
  • Like 1

I don't have the stats at hand but, honestly, helmets in the beta have been few and far between and those I have picked up have either been purely cosmetic or possessed only very minor buffs. Also Fire Godlike do a small amount of fire damage as soon as they fall below 50% stamina AND gain a bonus to their DT. Nature Godlike recover stamina 25% faster regardless of how they're recovering it.

I assume items in the beta aren't the good stuff though.