Should corpses stay?

Mayama

I'd go for having corpse-duration an option in the GFX settings, other than that, corpses should be permanent, and after a reasonable amount of time (the next time you come across the same area) they have turned into skeletal remains. Or, at least till you leave the over-arching area.

I agree that corpses should absolutely stay at least until you leave the area. Preferably in wilderness areas they'd stay longer/indefinitely while in inhabited areas they'd be cleaned up upon leaving the area.

It was always silly in BG to get into a fight at an inn, kill several people and just have the happy tavern music playing while chattering patrons go about their business with corpses strewn about forever.

Slightly off topic, but Is there blood in the game? I saw some in the Gamescom footage, and when I load a savegame where I have dead enemies onscreen, I BRIEFLY see the pools of blood around the corpses before the game loads properly. Do you guys have proper blood?

Stay 4ever, unless you burn them

And if you don't burn them, they've become zombies when you return.

And if you DO burn them, they've become skeletal creatures when you return.

Seriously though, I'm neutral on the issue.  I understand why people like the persistance, but if its a pain for the devs to make it happen, I'm not going to miss it either.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Corpses should stay where they fell for the entire game. I want to be reminded of past triumphs and vanquished foes. 

Yeah. Corpses are kind of a trophy.

I disagree that they should stay the entire game, but they should not vanish immediately.

• Like 1

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

if corpses result in a resource drain, buffy style dusting o' enemies is okie dokie with us. if enduring corpses has potential to cause even small slow-downs, we is in favor o' dusting. 

that being said, 1007 piles that is obscured by tall grass or trees or whatever and is not illuminated via tab is irksome.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Having mass piles of corpses laying about on screen could cause a system resource drain thereby negatively affecting performance.

I'm not familiar with Unity but that's usually a reason for that...aside from the cluttering issue.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Corpses should stay and they should decay "realistically" and slowly over the appropriate amount of game time. Unless there are some logical reason that they would be removed. The corpses could be created with pre made instanced static meshes that do not pose a system resource drain at all.. unless they are going to be rigged and animated? It´s not like there´s going to be moving corpses are there?

Corpses:
1- I agree with others that they disappear weird as of now. Loot bag can appear oddly as well.

Suggestions:
2- Corpse stays either forever/leave area/minutes, and corpse becomes "container" and later loot bag. There is an area in Stormwall Gorge where you can loot a corpse and it looks better than the loot bags.

4-Corpse fades-out into fading-in loot bag after a little while, unless looted.

Possibly a bit too advanced:
5- Corpse decays after time (minutes, in-game days etc.), and fades out into dust and replaced with a loot bag. Could be combined together with Village AI reaction, alertness. I.e. villager or a guard seeing a corpse.

Example: If you haven't fought Nyfre or Medreth, Lord Harond only has one guard, but if you have, he could have like 6 guards in a circle around him or hanging out around inside the Inn.

• Like 2