Help! Pledging doesn't seem to work!

Guest Madolite

Guest Madolite

Hey guys, I've made an account recently and I want to make a pledge, but every time I try to do it I just get redirected to these forums, but I can't seem to find any links to any such thing.

Can only americans make a pledge to this game? I'm from Norway.

-------

Here's what I did:

1: I go to Obsidian.net and click "Pledge now" on Pillars of Eternity banner.

2: I click on the big "Back now" button under the text that talks about "Miss classic cRPGs like Baldur's Gate,Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment? So do we!..."

3: I get the the Pillars of Eternity Page and click on the big button "Pledge Now" underneath the "35.00"
4: I'm prompted to login, and I do so.
5: Suddenly I'm redirected to these forums and that's where the trail goes cold.

This repeats itself ad infinitum if I go back to step 1 and click "Pledge now".

-------

What am I doing wrong? This is the last day of pledges, and I want the game really bad. D:

Edited by Madolite

Guest Madolite

Odd, it works for me. Try this direct link: http://eternity.obsidian.net/backer/index

Nope, it didn't work. The link asks me to login again (even though I'm already logged in) and when I do, I get back to these forums.

Could it be because of my membership status? I just joined yesterday.

Edited by Madolite

Guest Madolite

A few things that come to mind:

- When you sign in, do you have "Remember me" enabled?

- Does your browser have cookies enabled?

- Have you tried it on another browser (Firefox, Chrome)?

Good points, I'll control for all those and get back to you.

Guest Madolite

Ok, now I'm seriously confused:

1. I don't even get to decide whether I want "Remember me" enabled or not, there's only the username and password box shown on the left and the "Attention Kickstarter Backers on the right.

2. I do indeed have cookies enabled.

3. My first try was on Chrome and I tried it now on Firefox. Same outcome.

If those do not work, please contact Fionavar, the head moderator, by clicking the "send me a message" button on his profile.

Edit: I sent him a message just now. Thanks.

Edited by Madolite

Guest Madolite

Hrm, can you try logging in via the forum and then enabling the "Remember me" option?

http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=login

If that doesn't work, I'm afraid I'm out of ideas. Please contact Fionavar.

Yeah, I clicked on your linked and that login page did indeed show "Remember Me" which I checked before logging in. But the problem is still that, once I clicke "Pledge Now" I eventually end up on that other "Pillars of Eternity" login page where I need to login and there's no "remember me" checkbox on that page.

Do I need to create a separate account for Pillars of Eternity specifically? Edit: Nevermind, I tried it and the username /email is already registered so it must be the same.

Edited by Madolite

Guest Madolite

Well, the worst thing that can happen is just that I gotta get it on Steam at launch. First world problem.  :dancing:

Edited by Madolite

Well, the worst thing that can happen is just that I gotta get it on Steam at launch. First world problem.  :dancing:

Did you try another browser? Did you try logging off, clearing the cookies of the website (Ctrl-F5), then logging back in? :)

EDIT:

Do you have an alternative device you could try? A smartphone perhaps, or a tablet?

Edited by Lythe Vodaine

FdSm3p1.png

Guest Madolite

Did you try logging off, clearing the cookies of the website (Ctrl-F5), then logging back in? :)

Tried that now, but the moment I pressed the "Back now" button I suddenly got "Error in exception handler". Oh well.

I guess I'll have to wait till launch. :(

Did you try logging off, clearing the cookies of the website (Ctrl-F5), then logging back in? :)

Tried that now, but the moment I pressed the "Back now" button I suddenly got "Error in exception handler". Oh well.

Sorry to hear that. :(

Any luck with another device? (smartphone, tablet or pc?)

FdSm3p1.png

Guest Madolite

Nah, but I've contacted support with the issue now, so let's hope they can figure out what's going on.  :unsure:

Anyways, thanks for the effort guys. I appreciate it.  :grin:

Here is relevant information about the pledges and problems with it:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/67447-support-ticket-status/

"As long as we receive any order modification requests by the end of August 22nd, we'll honor any changes you'd like to make and make sure that you get what you'd like, even if that bleeds into next week."

So if you contact them either by https://eternity.obsidian.net/backer/contact or by email support@obsidian.net , with your desired pledging, i'm sure you will get what you want. You should have 9 ½ hours to make your moves, since 22th of August ends after that time period in Obsidian HQ, California. (We at Scandinavia are way ahead of them time wise, you see.)

Here is the Pledging options to view, in case you still cannot access your backer log in of PoE site:

1. 35.00

Digital Download of Pillars of Eternity

You will receive a digital download of Pillars of Eternity.

2. 45.00

Digital Download Plus

You will receive a digital download of Pillars of Eternity along with some bonus digital goodies - including the Collector's Book and downloadable soundtrack.

3. 50.00
      Requires added shipping outside the US

Boxed Copy of Pillars of Eternity

You will receive a boxed version of Pillars of Eternity and some bonus downloadable goodies.

4. 125.00

Digital Collector's Edition

Perfect for the digital collector. Includes two digital copies of Pillars of Eternity, most of the digital extras, and an Early Access Beta Key. The Early Access Beta Key allows you into the Backer Beta that will be released to backers before the general public.

5. 140.00

Boxed Collector's Edition of Pillars of Eternity

Perfect for any collector. This includes a digital copy of Pillars of Eternity, a boxed Collector's Edition of the game, all of the Collector's Edition physical add-ons, all of the digital extras, and an Early Access Beta Key. The Early Access Beta Key allows you into the Backer Beta that will be released to backers before the general public.

6. 250.00

Signed Boxed Collector's Edition of Pillars of Eternity

Perfect for any collector. This includes a digital copy of Pillars of Eternity, a boxed Collector's Edition of the game, all of the Collector's Edition physical add-ons, all of the digital extras, and an Early Access Beta Key. The Early Access Beta Key allows you into the Backer Beta that will be released to backers before the general public.

7. 500.00

Complete Obsidian Pack

And here is the Add on's, for spicing your pledge even more  ;)

1. $20.00

Audio CD Soundtrack

Enjoy having audio soundtracks in CD form? A popular request - add it here. No extra shipping cost if it's already included with a tier that requires extra shipping.

2. $25.00

Black Obsidian T-Shirt

Like Obsidian's games? Wear your interest with pride with the black Obsidian t-shirt. No extra shipping cost if you've selected a tier that has shipping included.

3. $25.00

Black Pillars of Eternity T-Shirt

Wear your interest in Pillars of Eternity with pride! Get the black Pillars of Eternity t-shirt. No extra shipping cost if you've selected a tier that has shipping included.

4. $20.00

Digital Audio Book of the Novella by Chris Avellone

Prefer to listen to books? Get the Pillars of Eternity novella written by Chris Avellone in audio format. Available in all popular formats.

5. $20.00

Digital Download of Expansion Pack

Get Pillars of Eternity's first expansion pack for a special discount!

6. $15.00

Digital Download of World Almanac

The World Almanac contains everything related to the lore, history, and world of Pillars of Eternity.

7. $7.00

Digital Strategy Guide

Like a little extra help along the way? The Pillars of Eternity digital strategy guide has you covered! Get in depth analysis from the game's designers on how to play classes effectively and more!

8. $25.00

Early Access Beta Key

Can't wait to play Pillars of Eternity? No problem - add on the early access beta key and you can play it before everyone else! The beta key is digital only.

9. $25.00

Extra Digital Download of the Game

Want some additional copies of the game for a discount on the full price? No problem, add them here. A digital key is provided based upon your choice of delivery platform once the game ships.

10. $60.00

Extra Three Digital Downloads of the Game

An even further discount if you want multiple copies of the game. Digital keys are provided based on your choice of delivery platform once the game ships.

11. $8.00

Obsidian Order of Eternity

Show your support for game crowdfunding and join the elite Obsidian Order of Eternity! Comes with a custom forum title identifying you as a member of the order.

12. $15.00

Pillars of Eternity Mouse Pad

Get the official Pillars of Eternity mouse pad.

13. $10.00

Pillars of Eternity Playing Cards

The exclusive Pillars of Eternity playing cards featuring characters and creatures from the game. No extra shipping cost if you've selected a tier that has shipping included.

"The end comes soon. We hear drums, drums in the deep. They are coming."

Guest Madolite

Hi Madolite, it's almost definitely your cookies I'm afraid. If you wipe them, at least for the "obsidian.net" domain, it should fix the problem. Apologies!

I wiped all my cookies alltogether. Still didn't work. I've told support though, and I'm awaiting their reply.

It should be noted however that, everytime I do wipe out all my cookies and login, I get "Error in exception handler" and nothing loads on-screen, rather than being just forwarded straight to the forums (which also doesn't let me get to any pledge page).

Edited by Madolite

Hello guys, I found a way to workaround this problem. As y'all can see, I've created a new acoount, this time from the Pillars of Eternity page directly instead of the forums main page which I did last time.

This fixed everything and I'm now downloading PoE (no not Path of Exile haha) from Steam. Wohoo!!! :D

• Like 1