How do you feel about the combat density so far?

Starwars

How do you feel about the amount of combat currently present in the beta? Personally, I wouldn't mind just a bit fewer encounters in some areas. Or at least, I would prefer it if you didn't run into enemies right off the bat like you do in the beetle area. Allow me to have a small look around first before running into enemies.

I know they were aiming for a slightly higher density but I kinda enjoyed it in Baldurs Gate 1 that you sometimes could walk for quite a while before running into something trying to take your head off. Made the world feel a bit more "airy" and not so closed in.

What do you think?

• Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

The problem is that it feels like a mmorpg, you can walk super close to enemies without getting attacked. So you pull one group after another while the next enemy sits 3 meters away and waits for you to get killed without doing anyhting.

• Like 1

I agree it feels a bit MMO like. Walking around a map and seeing all the enemies waiting around with vision radii doesn't really feel like the Infinity engine games, where revealing the map and being attacked by monsters happened mostly in unison.

I also find the density too high for the size of the areas (too small). That combined with being able to see enemies from afar before pulling them, works to negate any suspense or surprise in stumbling across enemies.

• Like 1