Load screen not going away

Falendor

Question

when I leave/enter and area you get the standard black screen with a stylized loading message in the corner.

I notice my cursor appeared long before the loading screen would disappear revealing the area.

Just had a hangup where the loading screen would not disappear, I could move the curser about and it would shift from the move to target to the cannot move there slash as if I was in the area.

sorry if this has been reported but I did not see it in the known bugs sticky post.

4 answers to this question

I notice my cursor appeared long before the loading screen would disappear revealing the area.

Just had a hangup where the loading screen would not disappear, I could move the curser about and it would shift from the move to target to the cannot move there slash as if I was in the area.

It seems you have the issue of something triggering autopause before all the art's finished loading. Has happened to me Edited by Nordicus

just repeated it, happens when I enter dyrford village from any of the buildings other than the inn in town. going to turn off all the auto pause options and see if that helps.

Edit: yep turned off all auto-pause and loaded up just fine, thanks for the help!

Edited by Falendor

Was about to make a post about this.

Ive had this same issue multiple times when entering the village (from shops and wilderness alike, both on windowed and fullscreen mode).

You can bring up menus and inventories like normal, though there will be black "gaps" or "fillers" covering most of them (save the buttons).

You can load a save but cant save the game itself.

Upon unpausing the loading screen goes away and you inmediately get three red messages that read "Auto-Paused: Character Death (Boar Companion)"  in the combat log.

So its probably the boars that are causing instant auto-pause upon area load like sb5 said, and people are interpreting it like a loading screen bug when the real culprit is a spawning/despawning bug.

It should be easy enough to reproduce:

1) Kill the boars

2) Enter a shop/wilderness area

3) Re-enter Village

4) Repear 2-3 until you get the bug.

Note: Havent tested enough yet but it might be more common if you just re-loaded or quicksaved. Ive only noticed it happening in the town but it might happen in other areas. And I do quicksave often.

• Like 1