Pictures of your games Part 5

Better show Miranda's assets in VR.

Yes sir

2015-01-19_00001gxf4a.jpg

2015-01-19_00002wiis9.jpg

2015-01-19_00003rgdjq.jpg

Had to literally get down on my actual knees, and look up, to get that low in that last shot. It felt unnervingly perverted, to say the least. Especially since she's lifesize

Oh I want to experience Miranda the way you did.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Skyrim can work after using various hacks

I was able to get that now famous UE4 Paris Apartment Demo working on the rift. I think it currently has the most realistic graphics ever

That's pretty impressive, even for relatively static imagery. Certain things don't look quite right but stuff like the floor and couch textures are excellent. I wonder what the modeling process was.

Edit: to clarify, I'm commenting on the video I saw on YT.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The demo is nice, but it lacks a glamorous French model (gender of your choice) to share the apartment with. :dancing:

British model. I like their accents better. :biggrin:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Here is the apartment demo if anyone else wants to try it, it doesn't need rift

https://mega.co.nz/#!nIJSmT6K!BRKQBDb0uB9V9Xbtz13c_3QZjokq_3jICCOdoAbCZtw

Controlling in the rift is the same as controlling without it, with wasd or xbox controller. The only exception is panning the view up and down is disabled as you can do that with your head. You can even stand and walk around a bit and the positional camera will track your location, you are limited however by the range of the camera. Upcoming things like the omni treadmill will allow real stationary walking, but i might skip the bulky first gen versions of such devices.

I can play for 2 hours perfectly fine in most compatible apps. Dying Light is the first game to make me sick however, and I need to take breaks every 30 mins. However its rift implementation is very incomplete, so I try to avoid looking around with my head too much, and I close my eyes during the cutscenes and crazy acrobatics lol

The insane amount of chromatic aberration in all those UE4 demo Oculus Rift images makes me dizzy and a little bit sick, and I've worn glasses most of my life, so I'm used to chromatic aberration, though not generally at such absurdly pronounced levels.  Is the effect that noticeable when you're looking through the rift or does it just look that pronounced in split images?  Also, is it just as pronounced in that demo or does that happen in all the games?  Because if the effect is that strong looking through the rift I doubt I'd last 20 minutes before either developing a vicious headache or throwing up.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The insane amount of chromatic aberration in all those UE4 demo Oculus Rift images makes me dizzy and a little bit sick, and I've worn glasses most of my life, so I'm used to chromatic aberration, though not generally at such absurdly pronounced levels. Is the effect that noticeable when you're looking through the rift or does it just look that pronounced in split images? Also, is it just as pronounced in that demo or does that happen in all the games? Because if the effect is that strong looking through the rift I doubt I'd last 20 minutes before either developing a vicious headache or throwing up.

Chromatic aberration is needed to correct distortion and discoloration that the rift lenses cause. The split images you see are the entire fov. You are mainly focusing at the middle of the image, while the lenses curve the image around your eye, making it look "correct". Edge blur is just out of your eyesight

Edited by Bokishi
  • Like 1

Better show Miranda's assets in VR.

Had to literally get down on my actual knees, and look up, to get that low in that last shot. It felt unnervingly perverted, to say the least. Especially since she's lifesize 

Ok, maybe I will survive without the beautiful women thread after all. Some is forgiven.

• Like 2

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Was bored, decided to try the early-access game Cast Away Stranded Deep. Picked up coconuts, harvested logs and palm leaves, found a volleyball and named it Wollie, hunted crab, speared fish, rafted to another island, and explored sea wrecks for loot. Saw a shark while underwater, but no pic of that because I shrieked a little, considered my rusty chipped rock axe, then frantically swam back to shore without looking back.

Stranded_Deep-001.jpg

Stranded_Deep-002.jpg

Stranded_Deep-004.jpg

• Like 2

especially the ones that look the worst, it seems  :biggrin:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

You really love survival games, don't you, LadyC?

Seems like it, lately. I'm sure I'll get bored of most of it before long. Just something different than rpg/arpg/action I guess and appeals to my meticulous strategy/design nature. Also, $10-$20. ;)

• Like 1

Was bored, decided to try the early-access game Cast Away Stranded Deep. Picked up coconuts, harvested logs and palm leaves, found a volleyball and named it Wollie, hunted crab, speared fish, rafted to another island, and explored sea wrecks for loot. Saw a shark while underwater, but no pic of that because I shrieked a little, considered my rusty chipped rock axe, then frantically swam back to shore without looking back.

Stranded_Deep-001.jpg

Stranded_Deep-002.jpg

Stranded_Deep-004.jpg

Is it playable already or the same early-access thing as with all the other survival games? E.g. after half an hour you've seen everything and then it's just rince and repeat?

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."