Pictures of your games Part 5

^ What in the...

The funniest part is I've now figured out how to reproduce leaving the normal boundaries of the game, at will. Some oddball glitch with view angles and tossing around materials. Sadly, the biggest caverns I've dug for checking out their outer shapes are long gone. I'll have to do another. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Haters. Viconia is awesome

• Like 5
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Nothing like taking care of business yourself. Even though the sword is longer than my character's height.

post-1458-0-34219500-1420786798_thumb.jpg

post-1458-0-13269900-1420786807_thumb.jpg

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

looks more like a remake of Jagged Alliance

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Bokishi, you're such a tease.

Keyrock, is that Dead State?

Nope

looks more like a remake of Jagged Alliance

It's Jagged Alliance: Flashback, so you're basically correct.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The bottom screenie just reminded me of a shot from Dead State I guess. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I tried JA:Flashback shortly before the release again and it felt horribly unfinished. It totally killed my mood to play it since.

Also, yes, people should see it more as a JA1 remake, and not a JA2 remake. Me personally, I am fine with this. Back in the days I totally loved JA1. Played it for so many, many hours. Never finished Deadly Games, though...

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Elite Dangerous is probably teh most epic sandbox space flying game out right now. You can be a trader or a bounty hunter or whatever. It is also the benchmark Rift game. In the Rift everything is true to scale and massive. You can turn your head and look out your windows to the stars and watch huge ships and rocks whiz by. You can look down at your digital hands and watch them make the same joystick movements that you make. It feels less like a videogame and more like the holodeck. And 10x more next gen than PS4 and Xbone. Cross your eyes and you'll see what I see =]

screenshot_0001szjsv.jpg

screenshot_0003d7j1x.jpg

screenshot_0009u4k3z.jpg

screenshot_0008y1juo.jpg

My matching joystick setup

unnamedoikmq.jpg

Edited by Bokishi
  • Like 6

Yes and no. My preferred stick for space sims (where I favour minimal resistance) is the CH Products line. Other than switching the connection method from gameport to USB, their current products are absolutely identical to the ones they were selling some 20 years ago - and I'm glad that they are. Contrast to Thrustmaster (who were bought out by Guillemot) who dropped their entire line of products to make these oddities. That said, they still produce the god-king of all game controllers, the Warthog HOTAS.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I was mostly talking about their appearance (Bok's are pretty fancy looking to my eyes), although the ones in your link do retain the same general shape as the NES one we had ages ago, and a couple hubby bought when he wanted something for a pc game once. I've never been a joystick person tho. I mostly just remember the Atari one. :lol:

1.jpg?1251191021

• Like 1