Lighting on water is bugged during night/day transition

Justinian

Question

I've noticed at a certain time in the morning, the water in each area does not behave correctly in relation to the lighting in the rest of the background. This is most evident in Stormwall Gorge.

1) At night, the water is an intense blue colour, which could be by design, but nevertheless looks strange:

nightblue.jpg

2) At around 6am, the rest of the map begins to lighten, but the water not only doesn't lighten accordingly, but actually begins to darken:

DawnBlue.jpg

3) At around 7am, the water begins to brighten from the darkened state into a natural light:

MorningBlue.jpg

Ignoring this bug, the daytime and nighttime water looks great in most areas except nighttime in Stormwall Gorge. It would be great if the intense blue in the first picture above could be tweaked to look more convincing.

5 answers to this question

Its only me guessing but it feels like they added the water in that area only for the beta. Look closely at the ramp theirs green grass under water and you can actually see the top of a tree in the bottom right corner. I think thats why it doesnt look so good and glitches.

Edited by Mayama

Hello all,

Thank you for your postings. You have captured some great screenshots to describe the issue. Luckily we are aware of this bug and our environment artists should are working on a resolution. 

Thank you all for your wonderful support during the beta!  :thumbsup: