Interruption/Concentration: Why?

First of where can I see what my Concentration and Interrupt values are? I can't find it anywhere on my character sheet aside from Perception and Resolve saying they affect it.

Secondly: Why was this system implemented for every kind of attack and ability in the first place? It feels mostly unecessary and adds a random and (for me at least) unintuitive variable you have little feedback on or control over into EVERYTHING, I'd much rather they split abilities into interruptable (wizard spells, f.ex.) and non-interruptable (regular attacks etc.) and put an Interruptable tag in the description of abilities that are interruptable. If not that at least put a tag in the descriptions of different abilities and attacks/weapons stating how easily interruptable they are (so a regular attack with a melee weapon would have a tag saying its got low chance of being interrupted, while a wizard spell would have a tag saying it has a high chance).

Third: Am I just stupid? Does anyone feel they have a good grasp on the interrupt system? Do you know which of your different characters abilities are easily interrupted and which are not? Do you know which of your characters are good at interrupting and which attacks you should use to interrupt and when to target a specific enemy to try to interrupt them?

Does anyone know if regular attacks can be interrupted as the PoE wiki claims?

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

IMO the Health/Stamina split + DT + Deflection is already enough complexity for general attack resolution, adding an interrupt mechanic on top of that is just needless complexity. As far as I'm concerned keep it for spells and maybe some slow ranged attacks like muskets but otherwise for regular attacks it's just too much.

Obviously this would require changing Resolve and Perception but then those attributes already being problematic is probably caused by being linked to nothing but this mechanic.

Edited by limaxophobiacq

I made character with perception 20 and tried make him to interrupt BB Wizard's (as he has only resolve 9) and it seemed not to be any great effect on amount attacks that BB Wizard was able to do. Then I tested it with his spells and noticed that my character was only able to interrupt his casting only once per spell, so it is possible that his attacks were interrupted, but I didn't notice it because interrupt causes only small delay in attack speed.

Combat log seems to not have any markings about interrupts, so it is hard to tell how they actually work. 

Edited by Elerond
  • Like 1

I made character with perception 20 and tried make him to interrupt BB Wizard's (as he has only resolve 9) and it seemed not to be any great effect on amount attacks that BB Wizard was able to do. Then I tested it with his spells and noticed that my character was only able to interrupt his casting only once per spell, so it is possible that his attacks were interrupted, but I didn't notice it because interrupt causes only small delay in attack speed.

Combat log seems to not have any markings about interrupts, so it is hard to tell how they actually work. 

Those are the things that I'd change first.

Make the delay by interrupt a little bit longer and give clear feedback when someone attempts an interrupt and if it is successful or not.

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

IMO the Health/Stamina split + DT + Deflection is already enough complexity for general attack resolution, adding an interrupt mechanic on top of that is just needless complexity.

Needless complexity seems to have been one of the design goals.

• Like 1