Hiring an adventurer

I'll keep this short, so pretend that I ranted on for a few paragraphs to get a feel for my irritation level.

I haven't been following PoE because I don't want to spoil the game, but I figured that I'd take a peek at the beta.  I've spent maybe an hour on it so far.  There was a minor issue that I pointed out earlier about being able to access the main menu during character creation.  I see now that the inn keeper provides the ol' skool method of 'hiring an adventurer.'  I typically like to click on stuff and take a gander at things in shops and so I right clicked on the various adventurers, most of whom were out of my price range.  Left clicking on the level One adventurer, since I had the ducats for the transaction, took me to the character creation screen, which, once again, *requires* me to finish the creation process and, then, no chance to back out of the purchase!  If I'm doing it wrong and I could get out of the process, the UI should be more intuitive.  If I can't, it's absolutely idiotic that one click for hiring results in an automatic purchase, something that isn't true for buying arms, armor, spells, or any other transaction I've found so far.  We should be able to cancel hiring an adventurer.

If this were identified as a bug and I didn't notice it, please disregard.  If this were addressed by someone else's thread earlier, please just merge my post in as support for the OP.

BTW:  in searching to see if someone had already posted about this, I did find a thread about using templates and viable builds.  Please don't make characters template/prestige based.  A little guidance sounds cool, but rewarding experimentation is better.  Some builds will undoubtedly be better, but that doesn't matter as long as any build *can* win.  Saying it's balanced so all builds are viable shouldn't mean that all builds have to be equal.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Hello and thanks for posting. We will likely be adding a pop-up window to inform the player how they will be charged upon completing character creation. Once in char creation, we will most definitely be adding a way to back out and cancel your purchase. Thanks for your patience. :)

Hello and thanks for posting. We will likely be adding a pop-up window to inform the player how they will be charged upon completing character creation. Once in char creation, we will most definitely be adding a way to back out and cancel your purchase. Thanks for your patience. :)

Thanks!  Same thing happened to me, "let's see who I can hire ..." crap, no way to cancel this bad idea.  Welcome to the party Mr. BB Fighter2.