Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity

I've resized and cropped the original Icewind Dale portraits so they work with Pillars of Eternity. The small versions focus on the face from the larger version.

Here's an album for preview and download. Simply scroll to the bottom of the screen, click the "..." next to social media icons, and click "Download Post".

The portraits go into this directory:

File path (at least for Steam) is:  steam/steamapps/common/Pillars of Eternity - Public Beta/PillarsofEternity_Data/data/art/gui/portraits/player/(female or male)/

(From Karkarov's "How to make custom portraits" thread)

Edited by Tartantyco
  • Like 18

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

So freaking badass.

Too bad they're so different from the PoE style. I think it looks weird to have a full-body portrait of my main character and then just the faces for my companions. :(

You can change those too.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

You can't change them simply by switching around portrait file names.

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

Is it a tough work around?  PEs portraits are pretty bad so I'll probably be changing the companions once I decide on a "final" party.

Is it a tough work around?  PEs portraits are pretty bad so I'll probably be changing the companions once I decide on a "final" party.

It seems that the BB characters have their portraits bundled in with their character file, so you'd have to edit those. The companion files are in this folder:

\Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity - Public Beta\PillarsOfEternity_Data\assetbundles\prefabs\objectbundle

companion_bb_fighter.unity3d

companion_bb_priest.unity3d

companion_bb_rogue.unity3d

companion_bb_wizard.unity3d

I have no experience with that kind of stuff, so I can't help any further than that.

[slap Aloth]

It seems that the BB characters have their portraits bundled in with their character file, so you'd have to edit those.

Hopefully the final game with have an override folder for such things

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

already has one

So does it work for dropping in alternate character portraits?

Or are we missing what the names of those files would be?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

We don't know how it works yet. Obsidian will probably let us know when the time comes.

I meant - 'does it work now' - has anyone tried it?

Ok I seem to be technically challenged here - I can't seem to figure out how to extract the contents of the Bg or Iwd female file into the steam female file - it puts the folder itself in there instead of extracting the contents of the folder - do I have to move each portrait individually ??  ;(

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

Ok I seem to be technically challenged here - I can't seem to figure out how to extract the contents of the Bg or Iwd female file into the steam female file - it puts the folder itself in there instead of extracting the contents of the folder - do I have to move each portrait individually ??  ;(

Go into the portrait folder

ctrl-A to select all

ctrl-X to cut

Go into steam PoE females folder

ctrl-V to paste

?

If you haven't extracted them yet - to extract - if the folders are named 'male' and 'female' like in the archive, just extract to the folder one level higher - it should then merge the folders

So extract to:

Public Beta/PillarsofEternity_Data/data/art/gui/portraits/player

?

How hard would it be to set up the portraits to be like in IWD2?

gfs_7107_2_11.jpg

Like this, big picture in inventory, portrait in the ui. I mean the inventory picture will need to be big enough to scale as the inventory is going to be full screen.

edit: damn but the UI art(texture) looks so much better then the one in PoE.

• Like 2

Go into the portrait folder

ctrl-A to select all

ctrl-X to cut

Go into steam PoE females folder

ctrl-V to paste

?

If you haven't extracted them yet - to extract - if the folders are named 'male' and 'female' like in the archive, just extract to the folder one level higher - it should then merge the folders

So extract to:

Public Beta/PillarsofEternity_Data/data/art/gui/portraits/player

?

Thanks - this worked for me altho it appears that just having the folder itself (with the portraits inside) in the proper male or female folder works also - (the BG portraits are working fine from the folder within the folder) -

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

How hard would it be to set up the portraits to be like in IWD2?

Like this, big picture in inventory, portrait in the ui. I mean the inventory picture will need to be big enough to scale as the inventory is going to be full screen.

edit: damn but the UI art(texture) looks so much better then the one in PoE.

See that is something I completly disagree with, the whole fullscreen character menu. I completly understand that it might feel to small for some people but even on my 17" 1080p laptop I can easily read everything. On my 27" monitor it would be massive and way to big, at least for me.

See that is something I completly disagree with, the whole fullscreen character menu. I completly understand that it might feel to small for some people but even on my 17" 1080p laptop I can easily read everything. On my 27" monitor it would be massive and way to big, at least for me.

Either way the picture is much larger then the UI ones. Point still stands.

You'll always have the character screen, Sarex.

[slap Aloth]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...