[Items / Systems] Buggy Armor DT and Buggy Damage Maths

Sensuki

Question

In this video, I showcase how characters with armor equipped get an additional 2 DT from the armor they are wearing when you start a new game or load a save game. When you remove the armor and put it back on again, the DT resets to the correct value.

edit: removing and re-applying the armor actually removes the Fine bonus from the armor, and the tooltip is not displaying the armor's total DT, but only the base DT.

In this video, you can see that the rolled damage minus the DT values are not coming up with the expected values.

Eg.

WAT2.jpg

Output log file: http://www.upload.ee/files/4220701/output_log.txt.html
Savegame file: http://www.upload.ee/files/4220703/2e2f97943d054fb5afb85e6c1ac70f14_DyrfordVillage_7608986.savegame.html

This happens in a new game, but here's the save game I used for the video anyway Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 5

7 answers to this question

I notice that your first video also showcases the floating cape bug (http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/67564-bug-floating-cape-in-character-inventory-screen/): when you first look at the wizard's character sheet, he's not wearing a cape. When you remove his breastplate, a cape appears and remains in the same position for as long as you have the window open, even switching characters.

Edited by Waywocket
  • Like 1

Someone just posted a comment on my youtube video about the armors:

Fine armors have a +2 DT bonus, it should be the initial values actually. The Exceptional Robe that I've found should give me 3+4 DT at 0.85 speed, which it doesn't for example.

So maybe re-equipping the armor is actually taking away the Fine bonus. The armor tooltip should state that the armor is 10 DT and not 8 DT then as well, if that is the case, because not showing the total DT is bloody confusing.

• Like 1

I notice that your first video also showcases the floating cape bug (http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/67564-bug-floating-cape-in-character-inventory-screen/): when you first look at the wizard's character sheet, he's not wearing a cape. When you remove his breastplate, a cape appears and remains in the same position for as long as you have the window open, even switching characters.

This is when the bug triggers for me. I remove the wizards armor and the cape appears. It even rotates when I rotate the wizard. When I switch characters, the cape remains and doesn't disappear until I exit the inventory screen.

Hello all,

This issue shown in the video is actually caused by the fine enchantment on the armor as sb5 had mentioned. The DT value shown in the inventory screen is reverting to the armor's base DT value and not displaying the bonus +2 DT gained from the fine quality mod. If you were to close and open the inventory screen the DT value would display correctly. 

Our UI programmer is aware of the issue and is going to put some checks in to more frequently update the DT value displayed.

As for the issue with the combat log damage values. This is something that our programmers are working hard to find a practical resolution for. There are a very large number of situation based variables that can affect the final damage value displayed in the log. The challenge is to not overwhelm the combat log with all of this information, but still display the critical information necessary to understand what is happening.

We have some other known issues that are affecting the values shown in the combat log as well, that need to be resolved and will help to clear up the confusion.

Also, it should also be known that certain armor types have affects on certain damage types. All of this information is currently not displayed yet and will be more clear when they are displayed on the armor descriptions.

As always, thank you for your tremendous support, all of the information if very helpful!  :lol: