Journal Entries Gone

Bishop Vaughn

Question

5 answers to this question

Hello Bishop Vaughn,

This is an issue related to loading a game while you are in game. It should perform correctly if you load your game from the main menu. We are working hard for a resolution to this issue as it is one of our top priorities.

Thank you for your posting and your support during the beta!

Since you mentioned how to make the journal entries disappear, I decided to run a test of a hypothesis of mine as to why I have not been receiving XP for completion of quests.

I reloaded a game just before the completion of the Blood Legacy quest and sure enough the journal entries were all missing...

So then I completed the quest and no XP was awarded, no banner in the upper left saying it was complete, nothing.

I can post the saved game if needed to verify this XP bug

Actually this occured when loading after booting the game up today. I also loaded from within the game all four of my previous saves and none of them had the journal entries listed.

Besides that quite enjoying the game.

Hmm. I will take a look into this to be sure that the bug isn't more drastic than we had noticed. Could you perhaps have saved after loading from within a game, causing your journal to be permanently void of your quest information?

Since you mentioned how to make the journal entries disappear, I decided to run a test of a hypothesis of mine as to why I have not been receiving XP for completion of quests.

I reloaded a game just before the completion of the Blood Legacy quest and sure enough the journal entries were all missing...

So then I completed the quest and no XP was awarded, no banner in the upper left saying it was complete, nothing.

I can post the saved game if needed to verify this XP bug

The experience loss is actually nested in the fact that your quest information is being lost on loading from within a game. Once the quest information is gone, you won't receive proper experience for the quest updates. 

All of your feedback is wonderful, I hope you continue to enjoy the beta!

So I Wnet back to try again. I booted the game fresh and went to my save games. Thing is I have 5 saved games and they all read Act 1 0 seconds. Earlier they had read Act 1 4 Hours, Act 1 7 hours, etc. I chose the most recent save based on the time of the save. It loaded fine and when I went to the journal everything was once again there. I went back to the load game screen and they all ahd the correct Act and hour information.

So everything seems fine now but I will keep an eye out and update should it happen again.

• Like 1