User Interface Issues

chrisrobin

Question

Game was stuck after Alt-Tabbing so I thought I'd note what I've seen so far.

I'm able to start the game through character creation without spending any attribute points.

I can't leave the Level Up menu without actually leveling up. Can't open the menu and just exit.

In the Options Menu the bottom item in a list will be overlayed with the fade effect even when scrolled all the way to the bottom. See Fade.jpg attachement.

When talking to an NPC, if you keep your mouse on the NPC then their name/title covers their speech bubble. See Speech.jpg.

Cumulative attachment size too big so I'll upload this in a moment.

When changing submenus in the Options Menu the submenu titles will alternate appearing and dissappearing as you change submenus. See Submenu.jpg.

Was playing in full screen mode and Alt+Tabbed out, and when I tried to go back into the game it would bring up the top of the game window as if it were in windowed mode, but nothing else. I could still see my desktop. Checked Task Manager and the game was still running fine, and I could still hear the music and background sounds. I'm unable to reproduce this issue now, so unfortunately no screenshot, but I do have the output_log.txt attached.

Nothing that isn't too obvious so far, but I thought I'd report them nonetheless.

output_log.txt

post-43318-0-29581200-1408577447_thumb.jpg

post-43318-0-99997600-1408577449_thumb.jpg

5 answers to this question

I'm able to start the game through character creation without spending any attribute points.

Hey Chrisrobin, all the other issues you've stated have been recorded and we are aware of. But I wanted to touch on the leaving character creation without assigning attribute points. This is a design decision, and as intended. It's up to you if you want to assign all your points or not, you won't have access to these once you start the game but if you wanted to do a full run with a PC with no stats, you totally can.

As always, thanks for your feedback, it's really appreciated!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

That being said, there should at least be a warning <Yo, you got unassigned stats, are you sure? You can tots continue to the game, but you won't be able to assign them later>.

This will be implemented, please look forward to it.

Thanks!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/