Barbarian's Carnage not Implmented?

Stun

Question

Going through the beta with an 18 Intelligence Barbarian who's wielding a Pike. Class info says Barbarians do (secondary) AOE damage whenever they hit an opponent.

I've spent the last hour testing this out. There were...many... instances when my Barbarian was attacking enemies who were tightly clustered together. But I neither saw any info in the combat log suggesting that anyone but the specific enemy I was targeting was taking damage, nor was there any visual feedback on the game screen suggesting that they were.

Edited by Sking

3 answers to this question

Starting a New Game I was able to proc my Carnage (with a 15 intellect) first try on the lions in Stormwall Gorge. Can you give me anymore information on your playthrough? Maybe it is the type of enemy or the area you were in? 

The Cultist dungeon, mainly.

But what exactly am I supposed to look for in the combat log? I mean, what will it look like?

Here's what it currently looks like:

Joe_the_Barbarian hits Skein Cultist for 26 piercing damage.

And that's it... there's no second line that suggests that the cultist next to him took any damage.

Edited by Stun

It will show up as two separate attacks.

Joe The Barbarian hits Cultist A for 26 piercing damage.

Joe The Barbarian hits Cultist B for 11 piercing damage.

It won't actually say Carnage which may need to be addressed, but I'll run through the temple and see how the Cultists react to Carnage.