Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The General Suggestions Thread

Dialogue Immersion Role-Playing Mechanics Reputation Resolve User Interface

• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

PrimeHydra

PrimeHydra

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

Is there any reason character damage is not shown in the inventory screen, while other combat-relevant stats like Accuracy Damage Threshold are? It's hard to tell at a glance whether switching out my weapon had a beneficial effect. Instead I have to go into the character screen, page over to the character whose weapon I am experimenting with, and scroll down to the damage. The info is there, it just needs to be on the inventory screen as well.

Edited by PrimeHydra, 13 October 2014 - 06:45 PM.

• wanderon likes this

PrimeHydra

PrimeHydra

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 322 posts

To re-iterate a couple of points from siril_dana in the Fist Impressions Thread:

Double tap the number of your character should center the screen on that character. Also if you hold the number the camera could follow the selected character.

This was such a nice touch in the IE games.

Edited by PrimeHydra, 13 October 2014 - 06:59 PM.

• Cluas and Lephys like this

Rumsteak

Rumsteak

Chief Procrastinator of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 155 posts

Edit: discard this message (I should get more sleep!)

Edited by Rumsteak, 14 October 2014 - 04:30 AM.

BMac

BMac

Programmer

• Developers
  • 316 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer

Good points, PH.

Dave implemented shift-queuing last week, I believe you can do it with pretty much any action or spell.

• Seari, Cluas, Lephys and 2 others like this

PrimeHydra

PrimeHydra

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 322 posts

Good points, PH.

Dave implemented shift-queuing last week, I believe you can do it with pretty much any action or spell.

Awesome!!

PrimeHydra

PrimeHydra

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 322 posts

Crafting shouldn't require you to hunt for and haul out ingredients from your stash; it should automatically use components in your stash whenever the stash is accessible (i.e., in a friendly area, or when resting). (Suggested because I noticed that if I move an ingredient into the chest, the recipes no longer show it as an ingredient I have.)

Wait, maybe this is a bug...will report on bugs forum :)

Edited by PrimeHydra, 15 October 2014 - 05:58 PM.

• Lephys likes this

morhilane

morhilane

Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1128 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Crafting shouldn't require you to hunt for and haul out ingredients from your stash; it should automatically use components in your stash whenever the stash is accessible (i.e., in a friendly area, or when resting). (Suggested because I noticed that if I move an ingredient into the chest, the recipes no longer show it as an ingredient I have.)

Wait, maybe this is a bug...will report on bugs forum :)

I'm pretty sure that worked for me when I tested enchantments 2 weeks ago. Most of the material I add via the console was in the stash because there wasn't enough inventory space to hold it all.

PrimeHydra

PrimeHydra

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 322 posts

I'm not a huge fan of having to confirm travel on the map. "Traveling to Dryford Crossing will take 4 hours. Confirm?"

I get that it's to prevent accidental clicks, but I'd prefer to see the travel time either included with location labels, or shown when you mouse over the location.

• Sensuki, Karkarov, Seari and 4 others like this

Sensuki

Sensuki

Subway Apathist of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 9965 posts
  • Steam:STEAM_0:1:1229809
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I agree with that one.

ctn2003

ctn2003

Lord Gil Wood of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I want to be to drop items on the ground PLEAS! many backers are asking for it.

Grufflehound

Grufflehound

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Possibly few people will share my wishes for this but is there any reason why we can't play with less followers? Personally I like to limit my party in games like this to three characters or less, as I like the additional strategy aspect this provides and most definitely the extra challenge.

Periodically I try out this beta version to see if maybe the latest patch has finally included this number of characters option but after finding it yet has to appear, I no longer ever bother playing it any further. Hopefully such an option will eventually appear as was mentioned in a very early announcement I either listened to or read. In that announcement it even promised  the ability to play with only one character if we so wished. I'm still hoping this remains the case.

Lephys

Lephys

Punsmith of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7245 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
@Grufflehound: You'll be able to in the final game. I think it's just not a function in the beta yet (sending party members away).

Grufflehound

Grufflehound

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

@Grufflehound: You'll be able to in the final game. I think it's just not a function in the beta yet (sending party members away).

Many thanks for the reply Lephys. Glad there's someone out there I can depunned upon.

• Lephys likes this

Lephys

Lephys

Punsmith of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7245 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
I accept your gratitude. Now, if you had offered your grati-three'd, I would've had to decline.

6_u

Grufflehound

Grufflehound

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I chewed over the matter of how many grats to offer you but decided one was a nuff while two woild be more than a nuff....though that's nuffing to do with it really.

• Lephys likes this

Sensuki

Sensuki

Subway Apathist of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 9965 posts
  • Steam:STEAM_0:1:1229809
  • Kickstarter Backer

You can dismiss party members in the beta. You use the party manager (which I think you can access via the console). If you do a search for mutonizer's posts - he has a post somewhere telling people how to do it.

Edited by Sensuki, 22 October 2014 - 10:26 PM.

Grufflehound

Grufflehound

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Many thanks Sensuki.

PrimeHydra

PrimeHydra

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 322 posts

It would be cool if we could use Ctrl+Click to transfer items from inventory to the Stash when the Stash is open. (Or some other modifier key if Ctrl isn't a possibility).

Karkarov

Karkarov

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3115 posts
  • Steam:Karkarov
  • PSN Portable ID:Karkarov
  • Xbox Gamertag:Karkarov
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Watcher
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I want to be to drop items on the ground PLEAS! many backers are asking for it.

I still don't get this.  Why do you want to drop items on the ground?  You have INFINITE INVENTORY, there is no reason to not loot what you can and no need to drop something to make room.

Quantics

Quantics

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Dropping items on the ground makes sense to many from a RP perspective though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dialogue, Immersion, Role-Playing, Mechanics, Reputation, Resolve, User Interface

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users