It would be great if we could set how often characters played "acknowledgement sounds". I like to turn mine off after hearing "very well", "going", "very well",  etc. enough times :-)  This was a nice little feature of the BG games.  "Always", "Sometimes (20% of the time)" and "Never" were the options I believe.

• Like 1

Ask a fish head

Anything you want to

They won't answer

(They can't talk)

This is really minor (and I may just be not remembering things correctly -- I haven't gotten to play the beta in a little while), but...

Having some music continue during loading screens really makes even short load times less jarring and annoying. Maybe just have whatever music was playing when you entered a loading session (went to world map, entered a building, etc.) continue, then transition into whatever's supposed to play in the new area.

Hearing jolly tavern music, then abrupt silence for 8 seconds, then travelly forest music just kind of kicks you in the face with the Boot of "Hey, Your Game's Kind of Just Paused Right Now!"

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

The wording of the Cancel prompt for hiring a new adventurer is a little confusing due to the button captions.

"Cancel hiring of new adventurer?"

[Accept] [Cancel]

I accidentally clicked Cancel, thinking "yes, Cancel it."  Of course, [Accept] is what actually cancels it.

Possible new wording:

"Are you sure you want to cancel?"

[Yes] [No]

• Like 5

Ask a fish head

Anything you want to

They won't answer

(They can't talk)

The wording of the Cancel prompt for hiring a new adventurer is a little confusing due to the button captions.

"Cancel hiring of new adventurer?"

[Accept] [Cancel]

I accidentally clicked Cancel, thinking "yes, Cancel it."  Of course, [Accept] is what actually cancels it.

Possible new wording:

"Are you sure you want to cancel?"

[Yes] [No]

Great find!

I'd post that in the bugs section with a "[301]" at the start of your thread title, then it will most definitely get noticed.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I'm sorry if this has been suggested before, I haven't had the chance to read through the thread yet, but it would be nice to have a non-violent resolution when talking to Trygil after unconvering the Skaen plot.  The options I chose were sympathetic to the conspiracy (spoilers: aligned with the blood pool and sent Aelys back to murder her uncle), so it seems strange that Trygil would be hostile towards me.  I even wear the Skaenite robe and hood :(

Aright i want to be able to drop items on the ground its just dumb that i flat out cant. and i want helmits to not be usless in the game their are magic helmits i know but their far and few between! i a think all helmits need a + 5 deflection bonuses  PLEASE just ask the other backers they understand as well. Having helmits that are basscly just hates is just silly :/ ;(

Would love to be able to set movement waypoints via Shift+Click, like in the IE games. This is great for skirting hazards, setting up sneak attacks, scouring an area for hidden items, and compensating for the inevitable shortcomings of pathfinding algorithms.

Queuing spells and abilities via Shift+Click would also be cool, and could make battles less micromanagement-intensive. But please, movement waypoints at the very least! :)

Edited by PrimeHydra
  • Like 4

Ask a fish head

Anything you want to

They won't answer

(They can't talk)

Clicking the combat log entry for "Bestiary information unlocked: Wurm" seems like it should bring up the Bestiary entry on Wurms. Would be a nice way to immediately view information on your newfound foes.

Ask a fish head

Anything you want to

They won't answer

(They can't talk)

Is there any reason character damage is not shown in the inventory screen, while other combat-relevant stats like Accuracy Damage Threshold are? It's hard to tell at a glance whether switching out my weapon had a beneficial effect. Instead I have to go into the character screen, page over to the character whose weapon I am experimenting with, and scroll down to the damage. The info is there, it just needs to be on the inventory screen as well.

Edited by PrimeHydra
  • Like 1

Ask a fish head

Anything you want to

They won't answer

(They can't talk)

To re-iterate a couple of points from siril_dana in the Fist Impressions Thread:

Double tap the number of your character should center the screen on that character. Also if you hold the number the camera could follow the selected character.

This was such a nice touch in the IE games.

Edited by PrimeHydra
  • Like 2

Ask a fish head

Anything you want to

They won't answer

(They can't talk)

Crafting shouldn't require you to hunt for and haul out ingredients from your stash; it should automatically use components in your stash whenever the stash is accessible (i.e., in a friendly area, or when resting). (Suggested because I noticed that if I move an ingredient into the chest, the recipes no longer show it as an ingredient I have.)

Wait, maybe this is a bug...will report on bugs forum :)

Edited by PrimeHydra
  • Like 1

Ask a fish head

Anything you want to

They won't answer

(They can't talk)

Crafting shouldn't require you to hunt for and haul out ingredients from your stash; it should automatically use components in your stash whenever the stash is accessible (i.e., in a friendly area, or when resting). (Suggested because I noticed that if I move an ingredient into the chest, the recipes no longer show it as an ingredient I have.)

Wait, maybe this is a bug...will report on bugs forum :)

I'm pretty sure that worked for me when I tested enchantments 2 weeks ago. Most of the material I add via the console was in the stash because there wasn't enough inventory space to hold it all.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

I'm not a huge fan of having to confirm travel on the map. "Traveling to Dryford Crossing will take 4 hours. Confirm?"

I get that it's to prevent accidental clicks, but I'd prefer to see the travel time either included with location labels, or shown when you mouse over the location.

• Like 7

Ask a fish head

Anything you want to

They won't answer

(They can't talk)

Possibly few people will share my wishes for this but is there any reason why we can't play with less followers? Personally I like to limit my party in games like this to three characters or less, as I like the additional strategy aspect this provides and most definitely the extra challenge.

Periodically I try out this beta version to see if maybe the latest patch has finally included this number of characters option but after finding it yet has to appear, I no longer ever bother playing it any further. Hopefully such an option will eventually appear as was mentioned in a very early announcement I either listened to or read. In that announcement it even promised  the ability to play with only one character if we so wished. I'm still hoping this remains the case.

WARNING: Ferocious guard dog on site.

@Grufflehound: You'll be able to in the final game. I think it's just not a function in the beta yet (sending party members away).

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I accept your gratitude. Now, if you had offered your grati-three'd, I would've had to decline.

6_u