Mods and Custom Campaigns?

I would kill for an Editor to make my own campaigns! But sadly, I've read that it won't be possible with this version of the game (maybe if the game does well we can get it in PoE2 *pretty please?).

Still, not all is lost. I believe some form of limited modding will be possible, just not to the extent needed to create a new campaign :(

• Like 1

I wouldnt get my hopes up about a custom campaign... but at least there is day dreaming about it.

But the chance of adding little side quest with scripted NPC´s (quest givers) and encounters etc. in existing areas might be an option. I think the custom content

creation (new models, areas or assets) aspect is from what we know by now out of our possibilities.

• Like 1

I know that they've said they would make it as mod friendly as possible in terms of open file structure and whatnot, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for many custom campaigns. Unlike many other modern rpgs, PoE doesn't use any sort of tile-sets. Unless someone spends a massive amount of time building a 3d background, rendering it out, and setting it up in PoE's odd 2.5D implementation, we will most likely see mods that supplement the existing game world. Still, I would love to see Chris Bischoff make a small mod for PE whenever he finishes STASIS.

That would be great! 

I have loved the games that let you be creative and make your own campaigns. It just seems more and more games are moving away from that, probably because the money behind the scenes looks at it as taking money out of their pockets. If you could create a new campaign as an expansion and sell it for cash, would you put the ability in to allow players to expand their game for free? 

As with most things, once the investors get involved, things get cut.

That's my opinion anyways.