Stealth and the fire godlike

How do they hide in shadows?

I'm actually being quite serious here. They shoud get a significant penalty to sneaking in dark corridors. Or is there, perhaps, a lore explanation how they can suppress their flames for a while if they concentrate or something? Should this be visualized in-game?

(Sorry if this has been discussed before. I didn't find anything, though.)

• Like 1

[joke]

Yes. Please explain this! How? It's a burning issue. I'm sitting on hot needles right now.  :fdevil:

[/joke]

It is an interesting question, actually - and it's related to that other thread about druids and rangers bringing animal companions into towns and villages, and why nobody reacts one bit.

• Like 5

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

[joke]

Yes. Please explain this! How? It's a burning issue. I'm sitting on hot needles right now.  :fdevil:

[/joke]

It is an interesting question, actually - and it's related to that other thread about druids and rangers bringing animal companions into towns and villages, and why nobody reacts one bit.

It must be afwully common, then. :)

How do they hide in shadows?

I'm actually being quite serious here. They shoud get a significant penalty to sneaking in dark corridors. Or is there, perhaps, a lore explanation how they can suppress their flames for a while if they concentrate or something? Should this be visualized in-game?

(Sorry if this has been discussed before. I didn't find anything, though.)

I haven't seen how this looks in the game, it might be really jarring for all I now, but it seems like one of those "gameisms" that you just need to suspend disbelief for. That being said, it would look really cool if they dimmed them during sneaking. Like holding a breath, but with you head, with flames.