Please hire AWESOME voice talent for this game.

I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir with you guys, but it needs to be said: The superb voice acting made the Baldur's Gate 2 characters really come to life. Jon Irenicus, Minsc, Aerie, Jaheira...I remember that dialog to this day. Please don't make your voice talent an afterthought. I suspect you already intend to make it awesome, but just in case you weren't? Don't make Pillars of Eternity sound like Divinity: Original Sin. That is all. :)

Edited by PrimeHydra

Ask a fish head

Anything you want to

They won't answer

(They can't talk)

I think Obsidian is a little bit past the phase of work where they're getting their voiceovers done. With planning them, at the very least.

In a long shot though, if there's still time, look up the lady who did

and just have her do something like that. Best Shoulder Devil NA.

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

In the Giant Bomb interview from a few weeks ago, they said they haven't even gotten to the voiceover part of development. Here's hoping they find talent on the level of David Warner.

• Like 1

Ask a fish head

Anything you want to

They won't answer

(They can't talk)

It wouldn't bother me very much if there were no voice acting at all. I'd rather have no voice acting at all than some of the crap I've heard in other games. 

So yes, if you're not going to have much voice acting, make sure what you do have doesn't make me burst out laughing in the middle of what's supposed to be a serious scene. 

In the Giant Bomb interview from a few weeks ago, they said they haven't even gotten to the voiceover part of development. Here's hoping they find talent on the level of David Warner.

They have $4m to work with. They are not getting David Warner.

Get that girl that did Skyrim songs on youtube to do some song for a tavern, she has amazing voice. I am sure someone here knows what she is called.

Malukah :). Don't know her real name but it must not be hard to contact her with this one, since she has her youtube channel.

About voice acting, I was wondering, is there any plan to "sing" the chanter song when he's fighting ? It would add to much to the class !

Hey, I was just looking at some beta videos made by Qiushui and I noticed that when you clicked on the townsfolk, you don't sound bites other than floating texts. Come on, no "Yer a long-tongued lout, ain't ya?" or "Alms! Alms for the poor!"?

Edited by I Roll 20

Hey, I was just looking at some beta videos made by Qiushui and I noticed that when you clicked on the townsfolk, you don't sound bites other than floating texts. Come on, no "Yer a long-tongued lout, ain't ya?" or "Alms! Alms for the poor!"?

Not all of the art and sound assets have been implemented yet. And even then, lots are still just placeholders.

Edited by Leferd

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle