Bug while accessing the stash

Sir Davion

Question

So when i access my stash in a non resting place and try to move an item from the stash to my party inventory anyways the mouse icon stays that symbol and i can't quit the inventory menu anymore. The game doesn't crash but you can't exit the menu anymore or use it properly.

3 answers to this question

Steps to reproduce this:

• Open your inventory while not in a rest area, then open the stash window.
  • Pick up an item in the stash, so it 'attaches' to your cursor (if you have no items in your stash, you can put anything in there at this point).
  • Close the stash window, so you're still in the inventory.

At this point, the item is still attached to your cursor, but you can't place it anywhere. You also can't open the stash window to put it in there, because now none of the buttons will respond (note that this is different to when you're holding items that are in your inventory, as in that case you can still use the available buttons, or drop the item straight into the stash). It's possible to kind-of open the character window by pressing 'c', but it gets drawn at the same time as the inventory and the whole thing's a mess. Escape does nothing, and the only available option (that I can find) is alt+F4 or close the window.

Edited by Waywocket

Hello,

Thank you all for your feedback. This is a known issue that is due to the fact that you cannot click on the Stash UI icon while an item is being held by the cursor in a certain way. Though the stash may also need a fail safe to place the held item back in it's proper location when the stash is closed.

Overall, the stash is still being polished and may be changing in some ways as we continue to optimize the game experience. 

Thanks for your support during the beta! You guys are awesome!

Steps to reproduce this:

• Open your inventory while not in a rest area, then open the stash window.
  • Pick up an item in the stash, so it 'attaches' to your cursor (if you have no items in your stash, you can put anything in there at this point).
  • Close the stash window, so you're still in the inventory.

At this point, the item is still attached to your cursor, but you can't place it anywhere. You also can't open the stash window to put it in there, because now none of the buttons will respond (note that this is different to when you're holding items that are in your inventory, as in that case you can still use the available buttons, or drop the item straight into the stash). It's possible to kind-of open the character window by pressing 'c', but it gets drawn at the same time as the inventory and the whole thing's a mess. Escape does nothing, and the only available option (that I can find) is alt+F4 or close the window.

I had the same issue and could not find any other solution than alt + F4 too...

But thanks to your post I know now how to get the character window ;-)

Was it documented somewhere and I did not see it ?