Full Party Wipe; Game Stuck In Infinite Loading

Ink Blot

Question

As the title suggests, I suffered a full party wipe and chose to reload instead of quit. The game sat there for several minutes with a black screen and showing "Loading..." in the lower right corner. It never loaded. If I hit ESC, it brought up the menu. Tried to load a game from there. It loaded fine, but I could not move the characters. No matter where I clicked on the ground, it would not register. I could interact with the menus (open Inventory, Character screen, etc.) but could not move characters. Also could not select an individual character (the entire party was selected, but I could not deselect any or select a single).

5 answers to this question

I think I had this same error, but I stumbled into a (potential) solution. I was just leaving the Dracogen Inn and this happened, but although waiting indefinitely didn't help, pressing pause (or clicking on the time icon blind) immediately brought the game out of the frozen state. A save is attached, all you need to do is walk out the door and the glitch will occur.

The problem (and solution) is replicate-able.

Edited by Pandamaniac