Objectives disappearing, no xp for completion.

iamgoukas

Question

On every save file, with every character made, my objectives tab resets. No updates, no info, no completion xp. Dialogue still reflects that I've started and finished every objective, but I've gained zero xp all game.

I've played on easy and normal, expert mode and not, several types of characters. Some initially get quest updates, all ha e their objectives erased before completion.

I'd love to offer an opinion on leveling to 6, 7, and 8, but zero xp is quite a hurdle.

5 answers to this question

I don't know whether this is exactly what you're talking about but I just opened the game up about thirty minutes ago to find it loading an old save instead of the recent one and then once I'd gotten that sorted and finished slaughtering the spiders in the cave I headed back to town to see if I could get some supplies and when there I pressed the J key for my journal to discover all my quests and notes from the previous night had vanished!! Now I have no idea where to go next as all the notes that were there yesterday are gone. Is this what you mean by objectives tab resetting cause if so then I am experiencing that as well!

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that your quest progress was lost. We are currently working on a known issue where loading a save file from within a game will cause all quests in the journal to be lost. Once these quest values are lost, the experience for the quests is not properly granted. However, if you load the same save from the title screen you should still have all of your journal information. 

If this is not the issue you are experiencing please let us know, otherwise we are working hard to provide a fix to this issue before the next update. 

Thank you tremendously for your posting!

• Like 2

I don't know whether this is exactly what you're talking about but I just opened the game up about thirty minutes ago to find it loading an old save instead of the recent one and then once I'd gotten that sorted and finished slaughtering the spiders in the cave I headed back to town to see if I could get some supplies and when there I pressed the J key for my journal to discover all my quests and notes from the previous night had vanished!! Now I have no idea where to go next as all the notes that were there yesterday are gone. Is this what you mean by objectives tab resetting cause if so then I am experiencing that as well!

Yes that's what happened to me. Journal is completely wiped but questgivers act as if I am already on the quest.

Here is how it  happned.

1/ Created an played around a bit with character A.

2/ Created an played around a bit with character B. (A is at a dead end because disappearing gear bug)

3/ Close the game. Restart it. Press Continue  on the main menu.

4/ Get surprised that it is actually character A that gets loaded even though my savegames on character B are more recent (that in itself is an annoying bug)

5/ Load character B manually: Journal empty. Expected: Journal to contain the three quests I started.

Edited: Yes seems to be the known issue of loading a from within a game session as opposed to from the main menu, maybe in conjunction with it being a different character ? Also still please note  the issue at 4/, continue should load the most recent save regardless of character.

Edited by Lioness
  • Like 1

Can also confirm.

Perhaps related, I had a glitch where the squad priest from one save file was permanently shown in the character menu the moment I loaded another file. AKA, I'd select a character and then click to open the character menu to see their stats, but the character shown was permanently stuck to show the same BB Priest from the other file.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?